Child and Youth Worker - Key Assets Ontario Inc.
Full Time Child and Youth Worker
12-month Contract Position
Salary: $43,497 to $50,425
For this role, you will work with young people with complex needs living in foster homes. Your work will be directly with young people in care helping them to manage their trauma, to promote placement stability within the foster home and to assist the youth in developing life skills. You will achieve this through behavior and crisis management, one to one counselling and program development. You will direct, at times, and attend plan of care meetings, meetings with the school and will do one to one work with the young people in their home, school or community.
Key Assets is devoted to diversity and inclusion and we are looking for diverse candidates who our young people are able to build strong rapports and relationships.
Please note that for this job posting, the work schedule will be Tuesday to Saturday.
- Child and Youth Worker or Developmental Services Worker Diploma/Degree
- Registered or be able to register with the Ontario Association of Child and Youth Care
- A minimum of 1 year of experience, with preference given to those that have worked in Foster Care
- Must have current and valid First Aid CPR certification
- A valid G class license with a clean driving record and daily access to a safe/reliable vehicle with a minimum of $2-Million liability insurance
Key Assets Offers:
- Sick leave accrual for contract employees
- Group Health Benefits enrollment (medical, dental, etc.)
- 4% vacation pay or 2 weeks (10 days) annual leave entitlement
- Flexible work environment with combination of in office and work from home
- Generous learning development with plenty of exciting training and certification courses
If this exciting opportunity describes you, we invite you to submit a cover letter along with your resume to Candice Stead, Human Resources Coordinator (Candice.Stead@keyassetsnl.ca).
The closing date for applications is March 5, 2021.
Interviews will be scheduled for March 15, 2021 and March 16, 2021.
At Key Assets, we value diversity and inclusion and act with cultural sensitivity and respect. We are strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations that we serve, and will continuously strive to build and sustain an equitable work environment. We will always challenge the norm, ask questions and keep our promises.
We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, which includes applicants from all cultures, diverse gender identity and expression, race, and others who contribute to our diverse population.
We ask applicants who may require an accommodation to contact our Human Resources Department who will work to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation(s) for the interview and selection process.