Child and Youth Worker - Key Assets Ontario Inc.
We are currently hiring for our office in Mississauga, Ontario for the position(s) of:
1 Full Time Child and Youth Worker for a 12 month contract & Relief Child and Youth Workers
As a Child and Youth Worker, you would work with children and youth with complex needs living in foster homes. Your work will be directly with children and youth in care helping them to manage their trauma, to promote placement stability within the foster home and to assist the youth in developing life skills. You will achieve this through behavior and crisis management, one to one counselling and individual program development. You will lead and attend plan of care meetings, meetings with the school and will do one to one work with the child/young person in their home, school or community.
You are able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in all aspects of family placement and child and family work. You will be joining Key Assets Ontario as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop effective partnerships with local service providers while meeting the needs of foster families and children placed with them.
Please note that for the Full Time Child and Youth Worker 12 month contract position, the successful application would working in the Dufferin County and the majority of shifts will be evenings.
To be successful in this role, the candidate is required to have:
- At minimum a Child and Youth Worker Diploma/Degree or Developmental Services Worker Diploma
- Must be registered or be able to register with the College of Youth Workers
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience, with preference given to those that have worked with children in Foster Care
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends, hours are varied
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to supporting individuals from diverse cultures, experiences and backgrounds
- Must have valid First Aid, CPR and current certification in an approved Crisis Prevention and Intervention Program
- A valid G license with a clean driving record and daily access to a safe/reliable vehicle with a minimum of $2-Million liability insurance
- A current "Vulnerable Sector Police Screening"
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we want to inform all applicants that we are taking all safety precautions possible to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. If selected for an interview, we will discuss the precautions we are taking to keep you safe.
If this exciting opportunity describes you, we invite you to submit a cover letter, clearly demonstrating how your skills and experience will contribute to our success, along with your resume to Candice Lake, Human Resources Coordinator (email@example.com). The closing date for applications is August 12, 2020.
Please note that interviews will be scheduled for August 25th and 26th.
We strive to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.