Child and Youth Worker - Calvary Child and Family Services
About Calvary Child and Family Services:
Calvary Child and Family Services provides support services for children and adults with behavioural challenges, mental health issues. We also provide residential support to various child welfare agencies, classroom support, hospitals, day treatment centers, shelters, open custody.
We act as a liaison, to keep families together and assists in preventing children from coming into care and or assist with bridging them to transitioning our clients back with their families.
We are currently hiring for Child and Youth Workers and Developmental Support Workers, for our clients, in the GTA (Toronto, Peel, Durham, and York region). Various shifts available, including Days, Evenings, and Weekends.
- Providing individualized and/or crisis supports to children, youth and adults diagnosed with ASD (autism), Developmental Disability, Mental Health Disorder and/or Dual Diagnosis
- Provide one on one support to a client in a variety of different settings such as foster homes, family homes, day programs, hospitals, group homes, and community support
- Providing care services to client in accordance with group home plans; these care services include, but are not limited to, helping with activities of daily living, bathing assistance, feeding, grooming, continence care, etc.
- Engage and build relationships with youth and families by demonstrating interest in the individual, positive reinforcement for behaviours and building self-esteem
- Monitoring and overseeing the general health and well-being of the client
- Model and teach skills to a client that support safety and life skills
- Encourage participation in activity programs
- De-escalate and stabilize a client when in a state of crisis and/or presenting with high risk behaviors
- Ensure that administrative duties are completed within required timeframes, such as shift and incident reports, and expense and mileage reports
- Participate in case conferencing as required
- Administer medications when required
- Degree and/or diploma with experience in a social service field, (i.e. Correctional Worker, Child & Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Personal Support Worker, Addictions and Mental Health Worker, Police Foundations, Social Worker, Law & Security, Psychology etc.)
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience with individuals diagnosed with ASD (autism), Mental Health Disorders or Dual Diagnosis
- Experience writing incident reports, serious occurrences, report taking, daily logs
- Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Crisis training (CPI, UMAB, SMG) and Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- Valid G License and access to a reliable vehicle preferred
How to apply:
- Apply directly through Charity Village or
- Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Go to https://forms.gle/zAtpH54Q792KoD9u8 to fill out our online application.