Child and Family Therapist - York Hills Centre for Children Youth and Families
Child and Family Therapist
Reporting to the Manager of Milieu Clinical Services, the therapist is responsible for providing case management and case coordination for children within York Hills’ Residential clients. Working closely with the Residential and Day Treatment milieu teams and the family, the clinician is responsible for screening appropriate client referrals and then supporting transition into and out of the treatment program along with the treatment planning, monitoring and review of all clinical services offered to the family and child aligned with York Hill’s clinical framework. The therapist links the child and family to appropriate services within and external to York Hills and coordinates with other service providers to build cohesive treatment plans. As part of the Milieu treatment teams, the therapist will take the lead on monitoring the family’s experience and outcomes throughout the service duration, providing goal-oriented counselling and therapy to children and their families.
- Asses referrals for York Hills programs, actively liaising with referring community partners such as child welfare, schools, and medical supports to determine eligibility and readiness;
- Engage in a Family-Centered model of care that supports goal-oriented phased therapeutic work;
- Deliver family counselling and, where appropriate individual counselling;
- Provide ongoing case management and case coordination to support collaborative and cohesive development of formulation, treatment goals, monitoring and ongoing support with the family and all service providers;
- Actively monitor indicators of progress and challenge and outcomes of therapy and, with the milieu team, continually review and adjust the clinical formulation and treatment plan;
- Facilitate and coordinate referrals with the child and family to additional services within and outside of York Hills as appropriate;
- Engage with the family, milieu team and all service providers to develop a planned and phased transition out of the milieu service;
- May deliver other services including Therapeutic Groups, Workshops and Brief Therapy including SST;
- Master’s level education in a field related to Social Work, Psychology or Counselling with membership in the appropriate professional organizations;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within a children’s mental health setting;
- Knowledge and experience using constructs and therapies inherent within York Hills’ Clinical Framework such as Attachment, Trauma Theory, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Child Development, Neurobiology, Systems Theory;
- Experience working within a milieu setting;
- Well-developed skills in engaging in clinical assessments, formulation and treatment planning;
- Valid Driver’s License and use of a vehicle;
- Ability to speak French or another language is desirable.
Please apply by September 20, 2019
In keeping with our efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage individuals from diverse groups to apply. York Hills is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive barrier-free recruitment and selection process and we respect, encourage, and celebrate the diversity of staff. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.