Child and Family Therapist - Strides Toronto
Strides Toronto is a new multi-service agency providing services to young people from birth to age 29 and their families in East Toronto. Formed in January 2020 through the amalgamation of Aisling Discoveries and East Metro Youth Services, Strides Toronto provides a range of community, residential and treatment services to improve the mental, social and physical health of infants, children, youth and their families. We provide individual, group and family interventions that include mental health counselling, autism services, education, outreach and referral, early intervention, day treatment and community support.
As Lead Agency for infant, child and youth mental health in Toronto, Strides Toronto works with 31 core service providers to design and implement system-level improvements that transform access to services, experience of services and the mental health outcomes for Toronto’s diverse communities.
Strides Toronto has a budget of $30 million and more than 350 employees providing services out of 19 locations across East Toronto. The organization Is accredited by the Centre for Accreditation and the predecessor organizations have a long history of providing high-quality services in East Toronto.
Why work with us?
- Be part of a long history of leadership and evidence informed practice in child, youth and family service.
- Join a skilled and dedicated team who are passionate about achieving our vision of an inclusive and supportive community where children, youth and their families thrive.
- Experience opportunities for growth and professional development.
- Be committed to creating a positive and rewarding work environment.
- Share an organizational culture of on-going learning and quality improvement.
- Bring high standards for performance and implementation of best practices and demonstrated through our accreditation with the Canadian Centre for Accreditation
- Join a diverse and inclusive work environment with staff who speak more than 50 languages.
What will you do?
- Reporting to the Supervisor, Family Treatment Services you will provide a broad range of therapeutic interventions, for latency aged children and their families addressing complex mental health issues. Interventions used will be flexibly matched to needs. This includes evidence-based family counselling, individual therapy, single session therapy, group services and service coordination within a trauma-informed framework.
- Conduct family and individual assessments of children, develop client-centred treatment plans and goals, and deliver treatment services. Counselling is offered in office, in home, in the community and/or virtually
- Develop, implement, and reassessment of integrated treatment plans
- Participate in the provision of group services
- Promote interagency collaboration and responsive client service delivery
- Collect and document clinical and administrative data to complete timely reports and maintain excellent clinical records
- Evening work is required (minimum 2 evenings per week)
- Local travel is required
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and organizational health and safety policies
What are we looking for?
- A Masters level degree in Social Sciences/Social Work or Psychology
- 1-2 years of demonstrated relevant experience
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence with access to the regular use of a vehicle
- Must be a registered member in good standing with the OCSWSSW or CRPO
- Sound knowledge of theoretical models and evidence-based clinical interventions in working with children and families with mental health needs
- Strong clinical skills in assessment, formulation, and treatment
- Knowledge of the Scarborough and East York community served by the agency
- Ability to work with new processes and people from multi-disciplinary backgrounds
- Effectively work closely with people of diverse cultures or backgrounds
- A self-starter, equally skilled in working independently and collaborating with a team
- Knowledge and skill regarding applicable computer programs (e.g. Microsoft Office, SharePoint).
- Well-developed organizational, interpersonal (including teamwork), problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to contribute to a positive work culture
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement and adaptation to change.
- Fluency in another language(s).
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your experience and how you meet the requirements for this position. The application deadline is August 5th, 2020 at 5:00pm.
Strides Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Strides Toronto’s own policies, requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.