Child and Family Therapist, #19-048 - SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health
SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health (SickKids CCMH) is a community-based children’s mental health centre providing prevention, in-home support, day treatment, outpatient and residential support to children ages birth to 18. SickKids CCMH is integrated with the Hospital for Sick Children (HSC) inpatient and ambulatory mental health services for children. As a stand-alone community-focused agency SickKids CCMH is working with the Hospital for Sick Children to create pathways to care that will ensure that children with mental health concerns and mental illness and their families are able to access the care they need in a timely fashion. SickKids CCMH is an accredited teaching facility affiliated with the University of Toronto.
- Engage at-risk youth and their families from diverse communities
- Provides individual assessments, treatment and follow-up services to children and youth ages 0-18 years within the community
- Provides individual therapy, family therapy and/or group treatment to children and youth ages 0 to 18 years within the community
- Provides case management, liaison and referral services for clients internally and externally completing supporting documentation in compliance with regulations, policies and procedures
- Coordinates services with internal and external service providers requesting/reviewing documents and reports to inform clients of services and treatment plans
- Collaborates with families, supervisors and inter-professional teams to develop services that support treatment plans
- Attends quarterly conferences with staff and families who may be accompanied by other staff or supervisors
- Prepares client documents and submits reporting information according to established procedures and deadlines
- Provides academic expertise leading, teaching and training teams, students and/or volunteers and evaluates functions
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of therapeutic services and best practices within the industry
- Makes decisions within related to treatment needs of clients and on-going intervention techniques
- Complies with the organization’s vision, policies and procedures
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management
- Master’s degree or equivalent in mental health discipline (if from outside Ontario must demonstrate that all registration requirements can be met at time of hiring)
- Registration with the relevant accrediting professional college is required
- Minimum 3 years related experience in children’s mental health treatment working in communities
- Experience and understanding of issues of marginalization and oppression are necessary to work in this role
- Demonstrated skills in family/child engagement, assessment, formulation and treatment
- First Aid/CPR, CPI and Behavioural Management Techniques required
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suites (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as ability to use office equipment efficiently (telephone, scanner, photocopier and fax)
- Valid driver’s license and insurable
This position will require that the successful candidate:
- Work hours that are flexible and extended to meet the needs of clients (i.e. evening work)
- Travel is required to provide service in the community
Interested applicants are asked to forward their resumes by August 16, 2020 to:
Note: Please quote position title & competition number in the subject heading of email.
We are seeking applicants internally and externally.
SickKids CCMH is committed to diversity and values inclusion. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to diversity within the Centre.
The Centre views diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence as essential pieces of an integrated whole that sustain our organization and guides our interaction within our diverse communities.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.