Child and Family Counsellor - Nelson Youth Centres
In a teamwork environment, the Child and Family Counsellor is responsible for delivering community based clinical services to children and their family in a virtual therapeutic group setting, augment by virtual individual and family intervention. Some in person for those who are not able to use virtual services.
The counsellor will carry a small caseload and function as a primary worker to children and their family to develop treatment plans and oversee the service delivery to ensure that individual treatment plans are consistently applied in an atmosphere that is conducive to treatment and based on therapeutically sound principles. Some of the typical duties include:
- Planning and provision of group based treatment programs including implementing and evaluating therapeutic group programming and communicate regularly with the multi-disciplinary team members.
- Function as a primary worker including the design and implement treatment plan/goals, individual and family meeting and evaluation and discharge planning.
- Post-secondary education including Child and Youth Worker, Social Service or Child Care Diploma, Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Arts with other significant qualifications/experience.
- 3- 5 years clinical experience in child, youth and/or family treatment programs.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office is an asset