Chief Financial Officer - Providence Care Centre (Kingston)
Accountable to the President & CEO, and in consultation with the Senior Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer provides expert knowledge in the dynamic health system funding environment to guide and inform the organization’s financial strategy. The CFO oversees and ensures integrity in the organization’s financial services and accounting practices to support effective treasury, capital and operational financial management, analysis, planning and reporting. Providing foundational planning and guidance, the CFO is responsible for financial oversight of major capital initiatives such as redevelopment of build environments and information technology infrastructure. The CFO is an effective communicator, health system leader and partner in working with key contacts and committees within the funding Ministry and in collaboration with regional health care partners.
The successful incumbent will join Providence Care as we move into the next phase of planning associated to building our new state of the art long term care facility. In addition, Providence Care is partnering with regional health care providers in the development of a single electronic patient record which will enable the timely and secure access to each patient’s information system with a “one patient, one record” used across regional health care partners. The CFO will play a central role in ensuring Providence Care’s financial readiness for these large scale projects.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or similar and university degree with an Accounting major; an equivalent combination of education and experience in senior level complex financial management may be considered;
- Professional Accounting designation (CPA: CA, CMA, CGA);
- Ten years of progressive financial management experience in an unionized environment, including five years of current experience with computerized integrated financial applications
- Extensive experience in contract negotiation;
- Experience within a Not for Profit Organization;
- Experience in a healthcare setting and in a multi-site corporation preferred.
Providence Care is Southeastern Ontario’s leading provider of specialized care in aging, mental health and rehabilitation. Continuing the legacy of our Founders, the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul, Providence Care consists of Providence Care Hospital and Providence Manor long-term care home, as well as community sites across the region.
Fully-affiliated with Queen’s University and St. Lawrence College, Providence Care is a centre for health care, education and research, and a member of the Council of Academic Hospitals of Ontario. We are more than healthcare; we promote independence, enhance quality of life and redefine traditional healthcare through partnerships, innovation and research.
Please send your updated resume and cover letter in one document, quoting the file number in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Timothy Huddle, Human Resources Consultant, 613.544-4900 x 53460 for inquiries.