Charity Run/Walk Event Coordinator - MADD Canada
MADD Canada is a national, charitable organization that is committed to stopping impaired driving and supporting the victims of this violent crime. With volunteer-driven groups in more than 100 communities across Canada, MADD Canada aims to offer support services to victims/survivors; heighten awareness of the dangers of impaired driving; save lives and prevent injuries on our roads/waterways/trails. For more information, visit: www.madd.ca. We are seeking a full-time MADD Canada PIA Law Strides for Change (GTA) Event Coordinator to work from the National Office in Oakville, Ontario.
Event Day is Sunday, June 7th 2020
Strides for Change is MADD Canada’s annual walk/run. The annual 5 km walk/run supports Chapters and Community Leaders in their efforts to educate the public about the dangers of impaired driving and to help victims in their communities. The campaign is also an opportunity to keep safe and sober driving top of mind during the spring and summer months when the rate of impaired-related crashes are traditionally higher. Events are held in communities across Canada over the late spring and early summer. For more information on Strides for Change: https://www.stridesforchange.ca/
- Access to a vehicle (some travel within the GTA/surrounding area will be required weekly/monthly).
- Some evening work (i.e., meetings, race bag stuffing etc…).
- Some weekend work (i.e., event day is Sunday, June 7th, 2020).
- You are computer literate – PPT, Outlook, Excel, Word, Web
- You are proficient on social media – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- You are extremely organized, resourceful and creative
- You’ve managed a charitable run/walk in an employment and/or volunteer capacity before
- You have experience with special events, fundraising, community grants and volunteer co-ordination
- You have knowledge of the GTA/surrounding area (i.e., communities, businesses etc...)
- You’re a self-starter
- You can work well independently and as part of a team
- You’re a strong networker
- You have a certificate in volunteer management and/or fundraising (preferred)
- You are bilingual (preferred)
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the MADD Canada PIA Law Strides for Change (GTA) event via office work: phone, email, mail etc...
- Be the lead for social media and the National + Strides for Change websites as it relates to the MADD Canada PIA Law Strides for Change (GTA)
- Actively seek, investigate and promote opportunities to distribute and display event materials / information (i.e., posters, PSAs <newspapers, radio> etc…) within the community. Liaise with Police, Fire, EMS/St. John Ambulance etc… for event day support.
- Target local businesses, schools and various community groups to become community partners.
- Recruit corporate sponsors and teams.
- Apply for grants / proposals and sponsorship as it relates to the MADD Canada PIA Law Strides for Change (GTA) Seek media sponsors, celebrity MC etc…
- Work closely with the City of Mississauga Staff (i.e., secure park permit, proof of insurance etc…) and key National Staff to plan and execute the event including post event thank-you, follow-up etc…
- Recruit, train and supervise event day volunteers, including race bag volunteers.
- Solicit donations – prizing, food, vendors, race bag items etc…
- Regular contact with the media, police services, volunteers, donors, sponsors, victims/survivors of impaired driving, schools and the general public
Email resumes to: Renata Cvitkovic, Regional Manager, Ontario, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday, October 4, 2019.
No phone calls please.