Chair - F.L.O.W Drop in
F.L.O.W (Flourish, Lead, Overcome-Woman's Drop in). Our drop in will be for survivors of human trafficking, those experiences human trafficking, and those at risk of becoming trafficked. Our drop will be located in the City of Toronto and will be open to female identified, and non-binary individuals between the ages of 16-29.
Our mission is to provide a safe space for survivors of human trafficking, where they can relax and/or gain skills to build upon in their recovery. We want to be able to provide services that surpass simply meeting the basic needs of individuals. We want to provide wrap around services to help woman and girls reach their full potential, and lead happy and purposeful lives.
1. Is a member of the Board.
2. Serves as the Chief Volunteer of the organization.
3. Is a partner with the Executive Director in achieving the organization’s mission.
4. Provides leadership to the Board of Directors.
5. Chairs meetings of the Board after developing the agenda in collaboration with the Executive Director.
6. Supports the Board’s role in strategic planning.
7. Discusses issues confronting the organization as a whole in board meetings.
8. Helps guide and mediate the Board’s actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns.
9. Reviews with the Executive Director any issues of concern in regards to the Board of Directors.
10. Supports and provides resources to the treasurer in regards to financial needs and financial reporting.
11. Formally evaluates the performance of the Executive Director and informally evaluates the effectiveness of the Board members.
12. Evaluates annually the performance of the organization in accordance with the mission statement and values of the organization.
13. Ensures that the Board members understand their roles and responsibilities.
14. Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Board and/or the Executive Director.
- Experience of being on a board of directors for a minimum of 1 year.
- Experience managing a team of people.
- Experience with non profit organizations.
- Has leadership, conflict resolution, and communication skills.