CFE iHub Digital Events/Challenge Coordinator - Innovation Guelph
As part of the Guelph-Wellington Our Food Future project, the Circular Food Economy (CFE) iHub at Innovation Guelph is working to contribute to Canada’s first circular food economy by fostering 50 new circular food businesses and collaborations. The planning and delivery of effective problem surfacing and solution generating events (challenges) with GuelphWellington agri-food businesses, collaborators, stakeholders and the broader community will be essential in meeting this program goal. Reporting to the CFE iHub Program Manager, the Digital Events Coordinator will be responsible for planning and implementing program related events using various digital tools and platforms.
In this role you will:
- Work with the Program Manager to surface food systems problems and deliver challenge events in line with the CFE iHub design/agile iHub process.
- Plan and execute on CFE iHub problem surfacing engagements and solution generating events, including discovery events, idea labs, hackathons, design thinking workshops, online challenges, etc. as required by the CFE iHub workplan.
- Ensure all event requirements are communicated and executed to internal and external stakeholders and interested communities.
- Ensure promotional and presentation material is created, approved and distributed.
- Support social media activities related to the promotion of events before, during and after they take place.
- Additional duties to support the work of the CFE iHub and/or Innovation Guelph as required.
Education: University degree in a related discipline or commensurate experience and qualifications.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience planning and delivering successful online and in-person events or various sizes.
- Community engagement experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including group facilitation
Additional Skills/Attributes Desired:
- A passion for improving sustainable practices in business and especially in the food system.
- Extremely organized, with time-management skills, the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self starter. Inclined to take ownership of a project and follow through to completion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Familiarity with CRM, Open Social and other Digital Platforms an asset.
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship, social innovation, and social enterprise.
Work Environment & Schedule
This is a full-time, position with Innovation Guelph during regular business hours (Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.), with the understanding that this position requires flexibility to include additional participation for events during early mornings, evenings and weekends where required. Work typically occurs in online environments due to current COVID-19 restrictions and precautions. The future return to an office environment at 361 Southgate Dr. in Guelph and travel to a variety of physical locations in Guelph and Wellington County is expected.