Centre Coordinator (Oakville) - Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation
If you are looking for a rewarding experience helping people who are living with cancer, this might be the role for you. Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation is seeking a Centre Coordinator to become a vital part of our dynamic team at 2545 Sixth Line in Oakville. This is a full-time position with benefits, located on site in Oakville.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in office management and/or facility management
- Highly organized, with very good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of the impact of cancer on individuals and families
- High degree of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English
- Experience supervising volunteers is an asset
- Coordination of day-to-day activities within the centre including room scheduling, administration, facility needs, and some reception
- Coordination, engagement, and support of individuals and families living with cancer
- Recruitment, scheduling, supervision, recognition, and support of volunteer resources
- Community relations and coordination of collaborative outreach initiatives designed to increase the number of participants at the centre
- Collection and monitoring of data
- Participation in, and support of, Wellspring’s culture of philanthropy
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position and Wellspring Cancer Support Foundation; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wellspring is a network of community-based support centres offering programs and services that meet the emotional, practical, and physical/functional needs of people living with cancer and those who care for them. For more information, visit www.wellspring.ca.