Case Worker, Employment Services - Fred Victor
Fred Victor is a not-for-profit, multi-service community-based organization that has assisted people living on low incomes in Toronto for over 125 years. We work in partnership with individuals from diverse backgrounds who face poverty, homelessness, mental health issues, addictions, and/or social isolation to address their needs and hopes and advocate for a more equitable society. Please see our website at www.fredvictor.org. Fred Victor works with a highly diverse population of people and upholds the values of respect, choice and inclusion.
We are looking to fill 1 Full-time position for an Employment Specialist (Case Worker) who will report to the Senior Manager – Employment and Training Services (ETS). This position is responsible for providing front line job development, job search support and information resources to homeless (at-risk of), low-income and marginalized adults, by providing high quality and structured access to communication tools, (e.g.; computers, fax, phone) workshops and individual assistance. The ideal candidate will have proven experience, ability and skills in assisting people in conducting an active job search with the appropriate resources, resulting in employment placement.
- Provides front line job search support and information resources to adults experiencing mental health, substance-use, homelessness, low-income and marginalization
- Provide individual support and feedback in resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, second career, career assessments and job search coaching
- Facilitates and develops career development, employment and life skills workshops
- Conducts intake, needs assessment based on common assessment model; ensures documentation is completed and follows PIPEDA privacy standards
- Develop detailed return to work action plans reflecting client’s personal needs and professional goals
- Writes and completes reports, evaluations and tracks monthly statistics; completes in an efficient manner
- Input client information, case notes and action plans using shared databases
- Maintains orderly and complete case files and work space, adhering to privacy standards
- Attends and contributes to monthly team meetings and committees as assigned
- Participates in regular planning activities to support the development of department and organizational objectives
- Ensures that programming and services reflect the needs of the FV community and larger community interests
- Collaborate with team to achieve and obtain yearly individual and program targets. (i.e., Employment Ontario Targets)
- Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of outreach strategies to build partnerships with key stakeholders, including community members, other FV programs, employers, and educational institutions.
- Promote and market candidates to employer and social service community agencies; complete required referrals and contracts as needed.
- Graduate of a recognized post –secondary institution in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of equivalent work experience in placing and supporting clients with employers;
- Experience working with homeless (at risk-of), low income and marginalized people and an understanding of issues of poverty and discrimination is required;
- Knowledge of hiring practices, employer relations, Canada Labour Code, Employment Standards Act, adult training, employment resources, job search strategies, labour market trends, and community supports. Strong resume and cover letter writing skills;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to facilitate workshops. Preference given to candidates with experience facilitating employment and life skills related workshops;
- Knowledge and experience working with the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development, and Employment Ontario Initiatives;
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability for using technology (i.e., MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet browsers). Prior experience using EOIS CaMS database is an asset;
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills, demonstrate initiative, team work, customer service, conflict resolution experience and demonstrate an ability to maintain supportive relationships with clients and team while working under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills. Strong ability to work as part of a team. Ability to communicate in another language an asset;
- Other duties as assigned.
*A Police Records Check is required by the final candidate(s) prior to hiring*
Submit cover letter and resume no later than August 21st, 2020 to Nancy Bolton at firstname.lastname@example.org.