Case Manager - Assertive Community Treatment Team (1-Year Contract) - Reconnect Community Health Services
Positions Available: 1 Compensation: $47,000.000 to $61,406.00 Per Annum
Unionized Position: Yes Hours of Work: 37.50 hours per week
Union: OPSEU L5116
Position Type: Full-time Contract (1-Year)
Job Class: Clinical
Reporting to a clinical program manager, the Case Manager will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team of mental health professionals offering intensive support to individuals with complex mental health and physical health needs. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Initiate intakes and conduct needs assessments;
- Develop and implement plan of cares with short and long-term objectives, with ongoing monitoring until clients can be discharged from service;
- Provide case management services which include assessment, intensive case management, long term planning, and follow up services when needed;
- Screen and respond to crisis calls initiated by clients, family members, friends, health care providers, and community agencies;
- Refer and link clients and caregivers to a range of community resources, including housing, legal supports, health supports, meals, drop-in centres, social recreational program, clothing exchanges, etc.;
- Work closely with transitional care, acute care, emergency departments, rehabilitation centres, and other professionals, agencies and groups, to identify problems and possible solutions for service provision and improvement.
The successful candidate will possess:
- University degree and/or Community College Diploma in social services or related field
- Minimum three years related experience in direct service delivery to adults with serious mental illness
- Demonstrated experience supporting individuals with mental health and substance use issues from a recovery and harm reduction approach
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated case management and referral skills; and ability to effectively link clients to supportive services
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary team, which includes internal and external stakeholders
- Applied computer skills (Microsoft Office, Client Information Systems, Web browsing)
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset and preferred
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required
- Criminal background check;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays as required;
- Must be willing to participate in an on-call rotation.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based not-for-profit offering a wide range of programs, treatment, support services and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Wednesday, March 27, 2019. Please reference "Case Manager - Assertive Community Treatment Team Application" in the subject line of your email.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Indigenous communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.