Career Counsellor - Youth Employment Services YES
Contract to March 31st, 2020
Employment Service- 555 Richmond Street West
YES believes that employment is empowerment and the cornerstone of safe and healthy communities. YES leads the Canadian youth sector with innovative programs that empower disadvantaged and vulnerable youth to become self-sufficient contributing members of society.
Summary – The Position
Reporting to the Manager, this position provides employment planning and preparation services to youth and adults.
Your energy and enthusiasm are boundless and you enjoy and thrive in a fast paced environment. You are detail oriented, creative and an excellent communicator. You are driven and welcome the opportunity to aspire to measurable targets. You thrive in a professional environment and look forward to working collaboratively with a team.
- University Degree and three years of experience in counselling and group instruction
- Qualified to administer and interpret assessment tools
- Knowledge of job developing
- Knowledge of employability programs for youth and adults
- Knowledge and understanding of the target group, labour market information and resources in Toronto for youth and other job seekers
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and team work skills
- Computer knowledge, Microsoft Word, Internet, email
- Group leadership/curriculum/program development skills
- Ability to relate to socially and economically disadvantaged youth
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural/multi-racial workplace
- Provide assessments, case management, individual counselling, group facilitation, information and referrals, and other related services to Assisted and Unassisted clients in ES, both on and off-site
- Assess the client’s skills, employment interest and barriers to successful employment to determine employment needs and develop a plan of action identifying level of support
- Provide orientation to YES services and programs and make referrals to other community services as required
- Provide information on the local labour market, careers and occupations (including self-employment), employment preparation, job search and interview techniques
- Develop employment opportunities and make direct placements with employers
- Assist clients to find employment on their own/in addition to providing job placement services
- Determine need, suitability and readiness for subsidized on-the-job training.
- Follow up with clients, referring agencies and employers
- Maintain all required records, statistical data, case files, notes and reports in a timely manner
- Conduct presentations to agencies and the community at large on behalf of YES
- Facilitate regular group workshops in all areas of job search including, but not limited to resumes, cover letters, job search strategies and interview techniques
- Adhere to and maintain outcomes target as set by YES in employment, education and training and ensure a high quality of customer service
- Attend all staff meetings
- Other duties as required
- Adheres to all YES policies and procedures and ensures confidentially is maintained on client, personnel, financial and agency matters
- Represents YES at all times in a professional manner
- Participates in regular supervision meetings
- Works cooperatively with other team members
- Carries out any other duties, as required
Annual Salary: $51,713.56, OPSEU Bargaining Unit Position; after 6 months-
$ 52,325.46 annually
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, Fridays 9-4:00
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the YES Accessibility policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. YES is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 13th , 2019