Care Coordinator/Case Manager - CV - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Care Coordinator/Case Manager.
The Care Coordinator/Case Manager will provide support to clients of the Simon Apts Assisted Living Hub (32 Grenville St.) of College View/Simon Supportive Housing Services. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the Team Lead and/or Program Director with the intake and coordination of assisted living/supportive housing services to 40 older adults and seniors living within a 0.5km radius of Simon Apts. (32 Grenville St.). The position serves a diverse client population which includes frail, cognitively impaired seniors who may be living with mental health and other challenges while living in the community. The staff will provide care coordination, assess clients for service eligibility utilizing the InterRAI CHA assessment and review collaboratively with Team Lead and/or Program Director, the assisted living services to ensure the Simon Apts. hub meets the needs of the client within the mission, vision and values of College View and Simon Supportive Housing Services.
Note: Staff will be required to work in residents’ rooms and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke. In addition, this position may require weekend shifts.
- Completion of a certificate or equivalent as well as Human Services (i.e. Social Service Worker, Social Worker, etc.); with eligibility for enrolment in the required regulatory body of the province of Ontario
- A minimum of three (3) years or intensive care coordination/case management experience;
- Experience with frail, cognitively impaired older adults and seniors with complex challenges, incl. mental health, physical/medical, cognitive impairments, severe social isolation, etc.;
- An understanding of harm reduction, recovery and psychosocial rehabilitation principles, the therapeutic relationship, and an ability to come to an agreement with clients on goals/priorities;
- Excellent assessment and crisis intervention skills, with well developed problem solving abilities and interpersonal skills;
- Proficient in InterRAI CHA assessment as well as applicable computer programs; experience with OCAN (Ontario Common Assessment of Need) an asset
- Experience in responsive behaviours related to cognitive impairments, mental health, addictions, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of services available from the Toronto Central CCAC, community support providers and psychogeriatric supports;
- First Aid and CPR certification;
- Good oral and written skills; excellent computer skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to communicate in a different language, an asset.
- Assumes other duties at College View/Simon Supportive Housing Services as appropriate
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources,
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact email@example.com or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “CC/CN - CV” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: September 21, 2020