Canada Summer Jobs Fall Support Worker (starting Oct for 9 weeks) - NABORS -Neighbours Allied for Better Opportunities in Residential Support
Canada Summer Jobs Fall Support Worker
NABORS is an organization of people who want the world to be a place where all people, including people with disabilities, can live in inclusive community. We are dedicated to supporting people with physical and developmental disabilities to have rich and full lives in community and have control over their lives.
NABORS is a community of people living with a disability in Toronto and our circles of support. Our circles of support are made up of our friends and families who freely give their time to assist us to make informed decisions, act on choices, manage our paid supports and feel safe. Members are supported to live in the homes of our choice and be fully included in the community.
NABORS is seeking a Full Time Support Worker who will assist supported members in remaining connected to our community during the pandemic. Additionally, the Support Worker will work with core staff to plan various virtual community events. The Support Worker will be hired for 30 hours per week for 9 weeks starting October 5th, 2020. The Summer Support Worker provides support by:
- Supporting core staff to plan for various virtual (over Zoom) community events such as social gatherings and games nights.
- Getting to know supported members and their interests.
- Working with supported members and staff to plan for opportunities to pursue their areas of interest and goals.
- Maintaining agency documentation
- Assisting in relationship building by the development of and support to natural relationships within the member’s family, friends, and community
The hiring is conditional upon clearing a Vulnerable Sector Police check.
Due to pandemic restrictions, the applicant must have access to a reliable internet connection and device (ie. Computer with camera or tablet).
Due to the nature of the funding criteria, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age as of October 5th, 2020.
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and;
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant Ontario legislation and regulations
Please forward CV and cover letter with the subject line “Fall Support Worker” to Jennifer Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org