Business Systems Analyst - ONCAT
About the Employer
Established in 2011, the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer (ONCAT) was created to enhance academic pathways and reduce barriers for students looking to transfer among Ontario's publicly funded colleges, universities and Indigenous institutes. As a member organization, ONCAT works with those institutions to develop transfer credit policies and practices to ease student mobility. As a non-profit organization created and funded by the Government of Ontario, ONCAT collaborates with postsecondary education institutions to build a seamless system for transfer credit in Ontario and support student mobility.
About the Position
The incumbent will consult with ONCAT’s internal team to establish and maintain technology assessments that support business processes and align organizational objectives with IT solutions. Reporting to the Transfer & Technology Director, the Business Systems Analyst will identify and recommend enhancements to internal business tools and support the implementation of Office 365, a CRM, and review Finance and HR systems. Collaborating with ONCAT’s Management Team and Project Manager, the incumbent will ensure vendor solutions address business needs understanding the interconnectivity of IT systems. The incumbent will support the redevelopment of ONTransfer.ca, ONCAT’s credit transfer website translating stakeholder and internal administrator technology requirements to ensure needs are met, data is appropriately stored and the system overall is effectively utilized.
Business Systems Analysis and Development
- Performs analysis to provide input on IT/ business systems and resource planning.
- Analyses the effectiveness of various resource management and stakeholder engagement tools to support implementation and maintenance of new systems working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads the timely set up and maintenance of new tools identifying the right business management systems that support ONCAT’s internal and external operations.
- Supports the execution of ONCAT’s Technology Plan collaborating with ONCAT’s Management and Project Manager.
- Conducts upfront planning to ensure IT Service Levels are understood, meeting the needs of the organization.
- Demonstrates accountability for ensuring IT solutions meet strategic plans.
- Collaborates with Project Manager and internal teams to identify system improvements to develop stakeholder engagement, knowledge sharing, and overall efficiency of business operations.
- Leads requirement gathering and QA/testing, including the creation of test cases and scenarios throughout implementation.
IT System Implementation and Maintenance
- Implements practical IT solutions to support current and planned needs with minimal internal resource demands (finance and people).
- Works with vendors to ensure new system developments are well planned and implemented successfully.
- Ensures team members are trained on and responsible for maintaining data within new or existing systems effectively.
- Supports development of resource and training documentation on new and existing business infrastructure including updates to ‘how-to’ and standard operating procedures manuals.
- Works with Management group to support and maintain IT.
- Has thorough understanding of data integrity and supports ensuring the right systems and security are in place.
- Supports a Security audit as ONCAT expands how data is collected, stored and presented to stakeholders to help ensure no data breaches take place.
- Regularly audits existing information systems and ensures organizational records are maintained through effective information management standards.
- Cultivates and maintains good relationships with external IT vendors and developers.
- Synthesizes and simplifies complex technical information concisely to technical and non-technical people.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Undergraduate degree or advanced diploma in a relevant discipline such as computer science, information management or business administration. Professional development in business analysis and related disciplines is an asset.
- 5 to 7 years’ relevant work experience (including experience in the higher education sector) in a role requiring business / IT needs analysis and implementation.
- Experience with CRM and Microsoft 365 implementation.
- Advanced knowledge of business analysis disciplines.
- High level knowledge of security and privacy, data administration and understanding of network components.
- Understanding of finance, HR and student information systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of current and latest information technology
- Ability to manage activities related to analysis, testing, development, and support of technical business solutions.
- Excellent MS Office skills including Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Small office environment.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and use the position title as your subject line.
The deadline to apply is July 31st 11:59pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Additional testing may be required.
ONCAT is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform ONCAT of your requirements.