Business Manager - INCommunities
Our Mission: Strengthening communities by connecting people and services.
INCommunities has been connecting people to community services for over 40 years. A trusted resource in our community and accredited through the Alliance for Information and Referral Systems, our programs & priorities include:
- 2-1-1 - Helping people to navigate the complex human service system and find the information and services they need through 211, Ontario’s helpline.
- Community Resources - Building, maintaining and sharing comprehensive data on human and social services in our communities
- Language Services - Eliminating access to service barriers for non-English speaking people in our community through professional language interpretation and translation services
- Volunteer Connections - Cultivating volunteerism, building capacity and connecting people to causes that matter to them
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Business Manager supports the growth, sustainability and positive financial position of INCommunities through strong leadership and the management of our business, financial and administrative services.
- Post secondary degree in Business Administration (preferred)
- Post secondary degree in related field with non-profit management experience
- Demonstrated financial, human resource, and project management experience in the non-profit sector
- Experience developing annual budgets, financial reports, working with multiple funders
- Experience with marketing and communications in a digital environment
- Proficient with accounting tools/software (SAGE) and Microsoft Office365
- Technologically savvy - confident with video conferencing software and social/digital media platforms
- Sound financial and strategic acumen
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and willing and able to shift priorities when needed
- Pro-active, solution focused team player
- Provide sound innovative leadership that drives community impact and organizational development
- Provide oversight for finance and administrative activities, including direct support to management and bookkeeping team members
- Prepare reports for funders, board of directors, auditors, executive director, legislative requirements and others as necessary
- Coordinate and attend as required virtual and/or in person monthly board meetings
- Assist with activities and reporting related to risk management, strategic planning, and system development initiatives
- Liaise with financial institutions, landlord, insurer and group benefits provider
- Attend meetings with stakeholders and community partners as necessary and appropriate
The above duties reflect the general details considered necessary to complete the job and are not a detailed description of all the work requirements that might be inherent in the job.
CONSEQUENCES OF ERRORS
- Errors could jeopardize the financial and reputational integrity of INCommunities
WORKING WITH OTHERS
- Management team and other staff as required
- Board of Directors
- Funders, vendors, community partners
- Work with auditors appointed by INCommunities
Hours of Work and Other Considerations
- 35 hours per week - strong emphasis on work life balance
- Work from home flexibility
- Health and vacation benefits, 10 paid personal leave days
INCommunities is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building an organization that both celebrates and reflects the diversity of our communities.
If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that appropriate arrangements can be made.