Business Liaison Specialist (Job Developer) - Job Skills
Business Liaison Specialist (Job Developer)
Who we are: Job Skills offers employment solutions connecting the skills of job seekers with the needs of employers to create a more vibrant community.
What we need:
Results-driven individuals who:
- Are inspired by helping people achieve their employment goals and enjoys building relationships with the employer and business community
- Have demonstrated experience in sales, negotiation, building partnerships, innovation, coaching and facilitating change
- Have post-secondary education in a Social Services related field, Human Resources, Marketing, Recruitment or a combination of related education and relevant work experience
- Have well-developed interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills
- Have knowledge of community agencies, services, resources and employers within the community
- Will have a valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
What you will do: The Business Liaison Specialist supports the activities of the Job Skills Employment Programs and Services activities by:
- Creating and maintaining working relationships with employers
- Helping employers determine needs, develop job descriptions and arrange for interviews of potential employees
- Promoting the organization and its pool of talent
- Performing on-site visits to employment locations for follow-up and monitoring
- Analyzing, evaluating, and interpreting collected job information to assist clients in selecting the work-environment best suited to them
- Meeting with clients regularly and follow up with their progress and needs
- Assisting in developing employment objectives, identifying barriers to success, building action plans, and strategies for evaluating progress
- Providing assistance and guidance in areas such as résumé writing, cover letter and interview preparation
- Ensuring suitable clients are matched with the appropriate work placements and mentoring opportunities; supporting workplace success; facilitating adjustments as required
- Implementing marketing strategy and attend with specific promotional activities
- Using excellent customer service skills on the phone and in person to deal tactfully and effectively with partners, organizations, government, and the general public
- Meeting targets and objectives as set by management and the funding requirements
- Developing monthly summary reports and complete other administrative duties as necessary
- Maintaining hard files and the electronic database as required
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date, documentation of employers and clients
- Researching and analyzing current and future job market trends; identifying opportunities in the hidden job market that are relevant to the client base
- Education/certifications: Post-secondary education, preferably a Job Developer Certificate and/or related University Degree with experience in Job Development
- 2-4 Years’ Experience in the Social Service sector
- Building Collaborations/Partnerships
- Client Service Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Persuasive Communication
- Problem Solving
What you will get: In addition to the satisfaction gained from helping people reach their goals, Job Skills offers a competitive salary and benefits package!
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please read on to learn more about Job Skills, how you can apply to this exciting position and become part of our growing Job Skills Team!
Job Skills is a forward thinking, not-for-profit, charitable organization that is constantly developing or implementing new Programs to help individuals achieve economic independence. In doing so, we aim to contribute to the economic and social viability of our community. We are ethical, client-focused, performance-oriented and believe in the personal growth of our staff, our community and our clients.
As a Business Liaison Specialist with Job Skills, you will work for a high performing organization that is dedicated to assisting individuals in achieving their employment goals. In this role, you will utilize your unique combination of skills and experience in counseling and networking to help clients find and maintain meaningful employment.
Job Skills is committed to fostering a workplace that is both inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. As a diverse workplace incorporates a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, we believe that being a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to achieving success and client satisfaction in all Job Skills’ Services and Programs. To meet these objectives, we invite all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please be advised that accommodation is available upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Please indicate the position title, and job reference number in the email subject line and tell us how you learned about this opportunity in your cover letter. Also, please discuss how you’ve been involved in job development or related skills such as sales, negotiation, people skills and managing a caseload to achieve targets.
Please reply in confidence by 11:59p.m. on September 25, 2020 by submitting your resume to:
Attnetion: JOB SKILLS Hiring Committee
Quoting: Job Reference Number: MES071774