Business Development / Employer Partnerships Manager - Building Up
Company Profile: Building Up
We are Building Up – Toronto’s leading social enterprise contractor. We are a registered pre-apprenticeship program and non-profit construction company that uses renovations as an opportunity to train and employ individuals with barriers to employment. We are a collaborative management staff of 25 and we support 120+ trainees on an annual basis, of whom, 85% go on to full-time careers in the trades. Our goal is to transition people from trainees to tradespeople.
Job Profile: Business Development / Employer Partnerships Manager
We are looking for a skilled salesperson to join our case management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Building Up graduates to obtain work with small and medium-size construction industry employers. They will achieve this mandate by growing our pipeline of new construction-industry employer partners (e.g. plumbing companies, general labour companies, general contracting companies). The successful applicant will have sales and partnership development experience and a passion for supporting disadvantaged members of the community.
1) Sales / Recruitment:
- Develop a pipeline of new employer partners (small and medium-size construction companies) through cold-calling, emailing, and networking (e.g. trades shows, etc.)
- Communicate the value to prospective employer partners of hiring Building Up graduates, with a focus on the business benefits for the employer partner
- Manage pipeline of existing employer partners, supporting repeat employment for our trainees and strong partnerships
- Liaise with construction businesses, unions, and construction professionals to build networks that result in ongoing successful paid employment opportunities for trainees
- Manage relationships with employer partners, ensuring satisfaction
- Manage client relationships in CRM, tracking all relevant project notes
2) Trainee Support
- Meet with Building Up trainees and graduates, identifying employment needs
- Match Building Up trainees with prospective employer partner construction companies
- Provide coaching through both group and individual sessions for graduating trainees to prepare them for prospective employment with employer partners
- Monitor all placements, supporting trainees to ensure successful employment outcomes
- Collect data on trainee outcomes to inform program evaluation
- Participate in weekly case management team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years experience in a business development role (experience in recruitment, B2B sales an asset)
- Strong customer management skills, including an orientation toward customer satisfaction
- Some experience supporting community members who face disadvantages (e.g. volunteering, managing employees, lived experience, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the construction industry (previous employment in the construction industry is an asset)
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Familiarity with CRM systems, and managing data in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with Windows and Mac-based computer systems and Google Drive and comfortable working on Zoom and other platforms for daily communication
- Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving
- Exceptional facilitation and leadership skills
- Drivers license is a must - vehicle is a plus
- Experience working in people-centered environment, with strong critical understanding of anti-racism, anti-oppression, health and safety, accessibility and other issues affecting LGBTQ2S+ and BIPOC communities in the Greater Toronto Area
- Entrepreneur/Problem Solver - You see a problem and need to solve it. You are goal-oriented and no matter the goal, you will find the resources (internal and external) to combat the issue.
- A People Person - You love people and take pride in getting along well with others. You would be able to secure new employer partners and coach new trainees, from all backgrounds
- High Empathy - We work with incredible people working hard to turn their lives around and understanding that each person has a different lens, perspective, and journey is paramount.
- Multi-tasker - You know how to manage your time and take on curve balls thrown your way. You’re okay working through moments of chaos.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $50,000.00 - $60,000 /year, commensurate with skills and experience
- Benefits: Work from home opportunities, Dental care, Extended health care, Casual dress code, On-site parking, Vacation & paid time off, Life insurance, Flexible working hours, Company events & social hours, Disability insurance, Onsite childcare
- Location: Building Up is located at the Learning Enrichment Foundation, at 116 Industry St, Unit 208, Toronto, ON. Our Training Centre is located in Etobicoke. Note: during the COVID-19 pandemic, Case Management staff are working remotely but are regularly required to be at our locations in person (pending Public Health protocols).
Diversity & Accessibility
Building Up strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Additionally, we are committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If you are contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter by Sunday, March 7, 2021 at midnight. Please ensure that your application cover letter describes:
- Your previous sales experience
- Your experience supporting people experiencing disadvantages
- What excites you about the potential to work as a Business Development Manager at Building Up
Note: Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be accepted.