Bookkeeper - Advocis
Advocis, The Financial Advisors Association of Canada, is the association of choice for financial advisors and planners. With more than 13,000 members across the country, Advocis is the definitive voice of the profession, advocating for professionalism and consumer protection. Professional financial advisors and planners are critical to the economy, helping consumers make sound financial decisions that ultimately lead to greater financial stability and independence. Advocis works with decision-makers and the public, stressing the value of financial advice and striving for an environment in which all Canadians have access to the advice they need. For more information about Advocis visit our website at www.advocis.ca.
We are seeking a Chapter Bookkeeper, to provide accounting support to Advocis chapters. This is a part-time (20 hours/week) one year contract. The incumbent will perform accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (AP) duties for the network of Advocis chapters across Canada.
- A collaborative work environment
- A competitive salary
- Work flexibility with the opportunity to work remotely
- Process invoices, expense vouchers, cheque requests, billings and collections on a weekly basis
- Respond to chapter AR and AP enquires from vendors/suppliers and chapter Presidents/Treasurers/Administrators
- Maintain AR and AP files
- Provide backup for the AP Specialist
- Chapter related administrative duties
- Provide assistance to the external audit team as required
- 1-3 years of bookkeeping experience
- Post-secondary education in accounting or related discipline
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and enthusiastic, self-starter
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (specifically Word & Excel)
- Sound judgment, tact, discretion, diplomacy and professionalism
- Proven ability to prioritize workload effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of iMIS database an asset
- Previous experience using Dynamics GP accounting software an asset
Interested qualified applicants should e-mail their cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Friday April 16, 2021.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. Please advise human resources when contacted, if you require any accommodation measures to fully participate in our application or hiring processes. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.