Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant (remote, part-time) - Association of BC Public Library Directors
ABCPLD is an executive association of the library directors who lead public libraries across British Columbia. ABCPLD also provides organized representation to both provincial and federal governments on behalf of library administration, representing the shared interests of public libraries’ leaders. ABCPLD maintains its own bank account, credit card and financial processes. The Treasurer on the ABCPLD Board, in collaboration with the entire Board, has strategic oversight over ABCPLD’s finances. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the operations of ABCPLD.
About the Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant:
The ABCPLD Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant is responsible for the operational financial tasks of ABCPLD, as well as some administrative tasks. The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director.
The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant is expected to work, on average, 20 hours a month. Some months this role may need to work more than 20 hours and some months may work less than 20 hours.
The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant works remotely with mostly virtual contact with the Treasurer/Secretary and Executive Director. There is no fixed schedule. They are expected to provide appropriate software and corresponding hardware for their duties.
The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant will be given access to information that is of a confidential nature for the purpose of fulfilling this role’s obligations. To that end, they will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Process and pay bills
- Bank account reconciliation (download statement and share with Treasurer/Secretary)
- Credit card reconciliation
- Payroll for the Executive Director
- Process recordings and notes from regular zoom meetings
- Website updates
- Scheduling support
- Communications assistance for Executive Director
- Meet with the Executive Director
- Ensure financial files are appropriately archived using cloud storage
- Gather and draft newsletter content
- Meet with the Treasurer/Secretary and Executive Director
- Work with the Treasurer/Secretary and Executive Director to issue invoices, process payments, and send reminders for the annual membership dues
- Ensure members are set up for e-transfers
- Work with the Treasurer/Secretary to pull together the financial reports for the Spring Annual General Meeting
- Format meeting packages twice a year for spring and fall meetings
- Event and catering support for in person events
- Annual filing with Registrar’s Office
Other duties as assigned
This is a part-time contract position. The ABCPLD Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant contract is $500/month or $6,000/year (based on $25/hour).