Booking Assistant - Five Counties Children's Centre
File Number: BK-01-20
Hours: 28 hours per week (0.8 FTE)
Start Date: October 1, 2020
- Performs a variety of clerical & client related activities including scheduling & booking of client appointments, processing of referrals from Central Intake, maintaining the client databases (GoldCare) & reception duties on an as needed basis.
- Provides clerical functions such as faxing, scanning, photocopying, & types material-utilizing various computerized word processing & spreadsheet software programs.
- Answers the telephone, greets clients & visitors & responds to routine messages or forwards callers to appropriate personnel.
- Utilizing a computerized scheduling system, schedules & books client appointments & follow-up appointments which includes booking complex interdisciplinary appointments, adjusting arrangements in accordance with client & therapist requirements & notifying both the client & therapist, ensuring that appropriate date, time, & location are provided to client, & placing appointment reminder calls to clients/families.
- Performs referral functions including duties such as gathering additional/missing information, performing data entry, & receiving & processing related paperwork. Schedules new referrals from Central Intake based on established criteria & works with therapists to appropriately schedule referrals based on established guidelines.
- Performs clerical duties including answering telephones, responding to inquiries & requests for information, obtaining client files as necessary, printing schedules, & forwarding problems & complex queries to appropriate personnel.
- Assembles & maintains client charts by utilizing appropriate forms & layout in accordance with established procedures & filing documentation.
- Performs data entry into ISCIS, GoldCare & other client information systems
- Assumes reception duties including answering phones, greeting clients & families & scanning
- Office Administration Diploma or equivalent experience in a similar setting
- 2 - 3 years scheduling experience; experience in a health related field is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 required; technical knowledge would be an asset
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in communication, organizational skills & problem solving
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy, confidentiality, discretion & professionalism when interacting with clients, their families/caregivers
- Capability to multi-task & deal with interruptions; high degree of accuracy & attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license & access to a reliable vehicle
Interested applicants should e-mail their resume & cover letter quoting the file number in the subject line to email@example.com by the closing date.
Five Counties Children’s Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation, appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through the process.
Five Counties Children’s Centre is dedicated to supporting children and youth with physical, developmental and communication needs. In partnership with families and communities, we strive to enrich their independence and quality of life.