Board of Directors - British Columbia Borstal Association
British Columbia Borstal Association
The British Columbia Borstal Association is seeking a dynamic, engaged and experienced professional who is passionate about volunteering to be a member of the BC Borstal Association Board of Govenors.
BC Borstal is a charitable, not-for-profit, community-based organization. Our Mission is to improve community safety and wellness by providing root cause treatment, intervention and prevention of trauma with a focus on crime prevention and early intervention through targeted therapeutic trauma care.
Vision, Values, and Beliefs
- to provide root cause treatment and program support;
- to provide a safe, peaceful and stable residence to continue rehabilitation and assist with reintegration into the community;
- to operate from a trauma informed approach in all service;
- to provide safe, peaceful and stable residential service supporting client rehabilitation and reintegration;
- to provide programs/services that support personal growth and development;
- that all people have the ability to lead a responsible and respectful lifestyle and have the potential to be productive citizens;
- that all clients are to be treated with dignity, fairness, respect and equality;
- a belief in restorative justice with measures that resolve conflict and help to build and restore relationships;
- to follow the guiding principles of trauma prevention, early intervention and aftercare
About the BC Borstal Association Board
The BC Borstal Association Board is comprised of a dedicated group of volunteers with diverse expertise and backgrounds who collaborate and contribute their professional and personal abilities for the benefit of the organization.
Our Board includes members from many different disciplines, including: policing, law, finance, counseling, education, project development and human resources. Our Board is dedicated to the Borstal Mission, shaping our strategic course, and the governance responsibilities of our general operations.
All applicants are welcome, with preference given to applicants with fundraising, marketing, communications and legal expertise.
All applicants must have the following personal attributes:
- high ethical standards and integrity in professional and personal dealings;
- passion to help those in need with a comprehensive perspective on issues;
- able to discuss controversial issues with diplomacy and tact in a way that encourages dialogue;
- able to add value to a team, receptive, and willing to consider others’ views;
- no conflict of interest with the member’s obligations to the organization;
- able to carry out the responsibilities and time commitment of the role ;
- commitment to continuous learning about BC Borstal Association and the populations it serves
Board members who are interested in applying must be prepared to serve a minimum of two years.
Please visit our website: www.bcborstal.ca for further information.
Interested individuals are invited to submit a letter of interest and resume to the Executive Director (email@example.com). Please note that only candidates that are short listed will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity.
Position type: Volunteer