Board Members (CPA's, Legal Field, Film Industry) - THIRD ACTion Film Festival
If you have six to eight hours a month and like to brainstorm and get creative about disrupting ageing through films and talks, then we might be the organization for you.
As a thought leader, you will help guide the festival in its growth.
So, if the idea of having fun while doing this is appealing, then we might be a good fit.
We are looking for board members who are passionate and committed to celebrating ageing and older adults while helping make an age-positive culture shift across Canada.
In return, we will endeavour to ensure you:
- Have fun while making a meaningful difference.
- Meet new and interesting people with diverse backgrounds.
- Develop effective group decision-making skills.
- Obtain an understanding of group dynamics and relationships.
- Receive board membership training.
THIRD ACTion Film Festival is a non-profit organization that premieres its film festival and talks celebrating ageing and older adults in Calgary in an effort to make an age-positive culture shift.
***We are currently looking for board members with the following knowledge or experience:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Legal Field
- Film Industry
Length of Term: Two years (renewable once)
Reports To: Entire board of directors
The board member serves and is accountable to the board of directors of THIRD ACTion Film Festival.
Responsibilities as a Board Member:
- Understand, promote and quote the mission and vision of THIRD ACTion through personal and professional connections.
- Be familiar with the THIRD ACTion’s mandate and aid in the functioning of the board in its role with both operations and governance.
- Attend a minimum of 75% of board meetings (nine of 12 meetings).
- Make an annual contribution to the THIRD ACTion commensurate with ability.
- Attend fundraising activities or special events to enhance THIRD ACTion.
- Represent THIRD ACTion at community events and meetings.
- Strictly adhere to conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
- Prepare recommendations for board consideration.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- May not be employed by THIRD ACTion.
- Have knowledge of meeting procedures, governance policies and non-profit operations.
- Excellent communication skills along with a willingness and ability to publicly represent THIRD ACTion.
- Ability to function in a collaborative environment with key stakeholders (staff, volunteers, sponsors and partners).
Time Demands (approximate):
As Board Member:
- Attend and actively participate in at least 75% of board meetings (nine out of 12 monthly board meetings), (~two hours in length with ~one hour of preparation).
- Attend and actively participate in the annual planning retreat (four hours per year).
- Attend and actively participate in the AGM (~one hour per year).
- Attend and promote special events related to developing relationships with THIRD ACTion donors, sponsors and partners—shared with other directors (~four hours per year).
- Attend annual sneak-a-peek networking event (~four hours per year).
- Attend portion of Calgary festival (~eight hours per year).
- Attend new board member orientation (~three hours per year hours).
Total Time Commitment Annually: 65 hours
Average Monthly Commitment: 5.5 hours
With the addition of chairing the board or a committee: Chairing the board or a committee of the board and related work (one to three hours per month).
Total Time Commitment Annually: 89 hours
Average Monthly Commitment: 7.5 hours
Please click here to apply: https://form.jotform.com/201875662386061