Board Member - WaterAid Canada
BOARD MEMBERS WANTED
If you are interested in making a difference, WaterAid Canada is looking for new Board Members to join the organization at a particularly critial time given COVID’s devestating impact in the world and the growing evidence of rapid climate change.
WaterAid Canada is an international charitable organization whose mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalized people by improving access to safe water, sanitation, and hygiene.
WaterAid's vision is a world where everyone, everywhere has safe water, sanitation, and hygiene. WaterAid operates in 35 countries in the world.
Access to water, sanitation and hygiene is a basic human right, yet:
- One person in ten in the world do not have clean water close to home
- One person in four do not have access to a decent toilet at home.
- Three billion people in the world lack basic handwashing facilities that have soap and water.
- Almost one third of schools in the world do not have clean water.
We are looking for volunteer Board Members from various sectors such as charitable, private sector, water industry, etc., who are passionate about international development and who have experience and expertise in one of the following areas:
- Water related issues and climate change
- Philanthropy and fundraising
- Financial oversight
- International development
- Board meeting attendance five times a year (virtually and/or in person)
- Participate in at least one Committee of the Board (Governance, Finance, Fundraising, etc.)
- Attend annual general meeting and any special meetings
- Terms: three years renewable once.
How to Apply:
Please email your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about us please visit our website: https://www.wateraid.org/ca/