Board Member/Director, Photographers Without Borders - Photographers Without Borders
Position: Board Member / Director (Volunteer)
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per month
Term: Minimum of 1 year, appointed or elected annually at the AGM
About Photographers Without Borders (PWB)
Photographers Without Borders® (PWB) is a registered non-profit organization based in Toronto, Canada and is also a 501(c)(3) charity in the United States. PWB Canada was founded by Danielle Da Silva in 2009 while PWB USA was founded by Phil Spitze in 2006. Danielle Da Silva is currently the CEO of the Canadian entity and is the Board President for the US entity.
Our mission is to connect photographers and videographers (storytellers) to grassroots causes, NGOs and non-profit partners all over the world to make storytelling more accessible.
We believe community efforts are of significant importance because they are created for the people by the people.
As a member of PWB’s Board of Directors, you will assist in supporting our mission and vision. Our hope is that by amplifying voices and building capacity for communication, we can make a powerful difference.
- Prepare for and attend mandatory quarterly Board Meetings and Annual General Meeting. Chair to prepare meeting agendas.
- Serve as an advocate for the organization and engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission.
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to help grow the organization’s capacity and enhance PWB’s public image.
- Approving and monitoring the organization’s programs and services.
- Identify prospective board members, help recruit and facilitate their onboarding.
- Review and monitor operational policies, strategic plans and financial reports.
- Participate in the approval of the annual budget.
- Evaluating the performance of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Raise $5000 CAD or more in each fiscal year in donation to PWB.
- Commitment to PWB’s Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
- Experience in fundraising, sponsorship and partnership development.
- Non-Profit / Charity Management experience.
- Experience in Senior Level Management and Business Development.
- Ability to commit to fundraising / donation goal of $5000 per year.
- Commitment to and alignment with PWB’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Interested applicants, please email us with a copy of your resume at email@example.com