Board Director - Youth Without Shelter
What We’re Looking For
A year ago, YWS developed an ambitious five-year strategic plan called “500 in 5” to exit 500 youth out of homelessness to stable living by 2024. We are making great progress so far, and are looking for committed individuals who would like to join our 12-member Board of Directors as we continue this journey. We encourage applications from individuals who:
share our passion for ending youth homelessness
reflect the diverse communities we work with, including racialized and LGBTQ communities
have experience in one or more relevant areas – e.g., youth justice, mental health, policing, or fundraising (CFRE)
are willing to leverage their personal and professional networks to support YWS.
- Attend monthly Board meetings, including reviewing materials and actively participating in discussions
- Attend the Annual General Meeting in the fall, and other ad hoc meetings as required
- Serve, and actively participate on one or more Board committees
- Support YWS fundraising campaigns and events as a volunteer or attendee
- Make a personal financial contribution a minimum of once annually
- Serve on the Board for a minimum of two years (to a maximum of six years).
YWS is looking for committed individuals who would like to join our 12-member Board of Directors dealing with youth homelessness issues. To apply, please email your expression of interest and a current CV to Tracey Irwin @firstname.lastname@example.org by July 29th, 2020.