Board Committee Member - Canadian Mental Health Association - Mid Island
Join A Board Committee
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Mid-Island Branch is seeking qualified persons to join the Governance and Human Resources Committee of its volunteer Board of Directors. We are looking for individuals whose skills, passion, and experience align with the vision, mission, and values of CMHA.
- Our Vision: Mentally healthy people in a healthy society.
(Defines the overall outcome that we are working towards)
- Our Mission: As the nationwide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
(Describes our purpose and unique contribution.)
- Our Key Values and Principles
- Embracing the voice of people with mental health issues
- Promoting inclusion
- Working collaboratively
- Influencing the social determinants of health (e.g. housing, justice)
- Focusing on the mental health needs of all age groups
- Using evidence to inform our work
- Being transparent and accountable
EXPECTED COMMITMENT FROM COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
• Participate in Committee meetings– up to 12 per year/ 120-minute meetings, plus preparation and related projects
• Develop and review governance policies, responding to issues as required
• Contribute to effective management of governance issues within the organization, including board effectiveness, recruitment process, orientation, evaluation and succession of board members
• Ensure the annual review of all Board-level organizational policies
• Develop human resources policies, respond to issues as required, and act as a resource to the Executive Director on human resources matters
• Assist in the recruitment, employment, and evaluation of the Executive Director, including assessing training needs, approval of entitlements, contract provisions, and job description.
Applicants must submit:
- A résumé / CV
- A letter of interest describing relevant skills, experience and personal attributes
Applications will be reviewed by the Board Recruitment Committee.
Selected candidates will be notified and interviewed. References will be checked.
The Board Recruitment Committee will make recommendations for each open board position to the full Board.
Successful candidates may be invited to in-fill current vacancies; other successful candidates will be nominated at CMHA’s annual general meeting being held in October, 2020
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION, PLEASE CONTACT: Kimberly Swiss, Board President, firstname.lastname@example.org