Bilingual Project Coordinator (18 month term) - The Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada
The Bilingual Project Coordinator is a vital member of our project management and operations team. This individual plays an active role in the Franco Doc project housed at the Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada. The position provides project administrative functions and supports Committees that include external stakeholders, partners and committed volunteers.
The Franco Doc project aims to develop and enhance French-speaking medical human resources by using an integrated interdisciplinary approach to identify students in English-language faculties of medicine that could meet the needs of Francophone minority communities. The goal of this project is to identify and mobilize Francophone and Francophile students, prepare and equip them for experiential activities in the community and recruit them for placements in official language minority communities (OLMC) so they may provide safe health services in French. Learn more about Franco Doc at www.afmc.ca.
- Facilitate work plans for and serve working groups/committees e.g., plan and execute meetings, develop agendas, minuting, and follow-up on action items;
- Develop or co-develop written products, activity or financial reports to funders, web content, agendas, minutes, articles and presentations;
- Expand on or create work plans;
- Monitor and coordinate all project activities;
- Ensure all deliverables, outcomes are met as per project plans and agreements, while monitoring and escalating exceptions;
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Administer budgets with support from the AFMC Finance Department;
- Create and maintain office and communication systems; and,
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed post-secondary education in a related field; and
- 2-3 years’ experience in a project coordination role.
- Demonstrated experience with active listening techniques;
- Proficient with various software programs, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc;
- Demonstrated experience communicating information and ideas in speaking and writing effectively;
- Proven time management skills;
- Strong sense of tact, diplomacy, maturity and professionalism;
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented environment;
- Positive attitude and work ethic; and
- Willing to travel occasionally, work flexible hours or overtime to meet deadlines.
- This role functions primarily in French;
- Bilingual (English and French) oral, written and reading comprehension skills (Essential);
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand and occasionally required to walk or move around the office environment;
- May be asked to lift and move up to 20lbs.
The work environment described is a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AFMC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be accepted until June 24, 2019. Please forward your résumé and cover letter to HR@afmc.ca. Please indicate in the subject line “Bilingual Project Coordinator”. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted