Bilingual Digital Communications Officer - Canadian Society for International Health
About the Canadian Society for International Health
The Canadian Society for International Health (CSIH) is a non-governmental organization that works both domestically and internationally to promote health equity and strengthen health systems. CSIH brings the Canadian global health community together to better achieve a shared goal of improving health worldwide. CSIH accomplishes this mission by:
- Providing spaces for its members and global health practitioners broadly to share knowledge and build partnerships
- Improving health systems through international projects
- Preparing future global health leaders
CSIH serves as an umbrella organization for approximately 500 members from Canada and abroad who have an interest in global health and development. CSIH partners with Canadian non-governmental organizations, community-based groups, public health units, health care professionals, academia and people with lived experience to implement a variety of programs and knowledge exchange networks.
CSIH is centrally located in downtown Ottawa, with flexible in-person and virtual work schedules. If you are passionate about health equity – we want you on our team!
Position Title: Digital Communications Officer
Location: Ottawa preferred, if virtual - occasional travel to Ottawa may be required
Reporting to: Executive Director & Communications and Advocacy Director
Level of Effort: Full-time
Salary range: $40,000 - $46,000
Duties and Responsibilities
Digital and Online Communications:
- Write, create and post social media content for CSIH, its projects, Health Systems Global, and manage social communities.
- Write, edit, and distribute content that communicates project activities, including publications, through online channels (website and e-newsletters).
- Design and maintain websites using Drupal, CMS or other platforms as directed to create pleasant, user-friendly experiences.
- Integrate all channels of communication (social media, email, print, and digital marketing) to ensure content is current, accurate and reflects a web presence aligned with all associated activities, and that brand identity is reflected accurately, appropriately, and consistently.
- Prepare and report on digital analytics and trends. Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Media monitoring and social listening.
- Ensures all materials produced by CSIH are bilingual.
Project/Program and Event Support:
- Raise awareness of project/program activities and events through owned digital channels and social networking sites, (eg. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram/LinkedIn, YouTube), blogs, link-sharing, and email marketing.
- Assist team members in the preparation and formatting of publications and reports.
- Attend organization events and provide corresponding live coverage on social media.
- Assist in other duties as reasonably requested by the Executive Director and Director, Communications and Advocacy.
- Must be bilingual in English and French.
- University degree or college diploma in a related field (marketing, communications, graphic design, etc.).
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the communications field, preferably within digital media.
- Strong knowledge of website design software, graphics/editing software, social media platforms, google analytics or other relevant software.
- Experience in graphic design and/or video production or editing is an asset.
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment.
- Understanding of public health and/or global health is an asset.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 28th.