Bilingual Associate Manager - Youth Cannabis Awareness Program - YMCA of Greater Toronto
YMCA of Greater Toronto
Bilingual Associate Manager - Youth Cannabis Awareness Program
Starting Salary: $53,208 - $55,000
We would like to advise our applicants that this position is being recruited between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range based on experience and qualifications.
Effective Date: Immediately
Reports to: Manager, National Provincial Programs
Why work for our Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA provides almost 6,000 employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
Nature & Scope:
Youth Cannabis Awareness Program (YCAP) is a national education prevention initiative funded by Health Canada and lead and delivered by YMCA of Greater Toronto across Canada. This project will address a gap that exists in cannabis harm reduction and education initiatives for youth aged 12 to 24 as well as adults (parents/guardians and professionals) involved in youth’s lives. The YCAP will be designed to reduce and prevent cannabis use, improve help-seeking behaviours, and enhance skills and abilities to have conversations about cannabis use and develop knowledge among each of the target populations. Program activities include but are not limited to providing developmentally appropriate workshops/webinars in French and English, online self-guided educational modules, Youth Engagement and Community Involvement projects, as well as providing school and parent engagement opportunities. Bilingual Associate Manager - Youth Cannabis Awareness Program provides supervision and support to program team across Canada and directly and actively oversees day to day operations of Youth Cannabis Awareness Program, assists development of the program, its direction and maintains key relationships with stakeholders nationally.
- Provides guidance and leadership to staff and daily operations of YCAP to ensure quality program delivery across Canada according to preset targets nationally / per region
- Supports the process of building program infrastructure nationally
- Accountable for meeting program targets, monitoring implementation of program standards and quality measures and reporting
- Supports program curriculum development; program’s impact evaluation and program’s on-line presence (i.e. website, online self-guided modules, resource hub, social media channels Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Supports and provides feedback to Senior Manager in developing and implementing strategic initiatives to achieve program outcomes
- Strategically manages the recruitment, training and support of staff across Canada.
- Creates lists of services providers in the sector
- Develops and maintains key strategic alliances with similar service agencies in order to further the Association’s Strategic Outcomes.
- Responsible for effective delivery of YCAP
- Ensures marketing, promotions and outreach initiatives occur to achieve targets
- Establishes database infrastructure needed and supports the management of the customized database and coordination with YMCA IT to implement a database/reporting plan that is in line with program requirements and key performance indicators/outcomes.
- Creation and managing online library of resources
- Ensures all administrative obligations are completed thoroughly, accurately and on time.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
- Ensures the health, safety and well-being of all children, youth and vulnerable people in YMCA programs. Commits to the professional responsibility of maintaining knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures, child and youth development and best practices to best serve and protect children, youth, and vulnerable people.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires education in a professional field such as Business, Public Health, Social Services, Addictions and/or related fields; University Degree preferred or completion of Community College Diploma or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum five years related experience in program development and staff management, preferably within prevention/education related settings
- Excellent verbal and written fluency in both French and English
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Ability to work in an efficient manner independently, and, as part of the team
- Well-developed interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers and associated non-profit or publicly funded groups, agencies and organizations
- Excellent written communication skills
- Must possess strong computer skills (Excel, Word, etc.), including database management
- Flexibility with working hours which may include some weekends and evenings, operating from different locations
- Flexibility with travel and overnight stays
- The position requires the following Association and Leadership Competencies: superior competence in: relationship building & partnering, being results focused; advanced competence in: effective interpersonal communication; ethics & self-management; being member focused; teamwork & collaboration; valuing diversity & social inclusion; people management; leadership; fundamental competence in: association management & stewardship; building community relationships and resources; cross functional integration; planning & initiative; strategic orientation & change management.
Please send cover letter and résumé quoting
job posting #0066 by October 7th, 2020 to:
National Programs Manager
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About the YMCA of Greater Toronto:
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plans Strong Start Great Future calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy… and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come. www.ymcagta.org