Bilingual Administrative Assistant to The Director of Finance & Administration - The Children's Aid Society of Ottawa
We are currently searching for a dynamic person to join the third largest Children’s Aid Society in Ontario, to fulfill the role of a Bilingual Secretary to the Director of Finance & Administration.
The Secretary to the Director of Finance & Administration is responsible to the Director of Finance & Administration and reports to that person.
The Secretary to the Director of Finance & Administration performs administrative/secretarial support services to the Director of Finance & Administration and may provide supports to the Executive Director, Director of Professional Standards, and Executive Office when necessary.
The incumbent will be assuming the following responsibilities:
- Prepares as required a variety of work including correspondence, reports, memoranda, agendas, minutes, forms and schedules. This includes confidential information at the discretion of the Director.
- Maintains a record of all Society credit cards issued and ensures that credit cards are properly authorized, accounted for and managed. Ensures that credit cards are retrieved from staffs that are leaving Society employment. Provides direct liaison on behalf of the Society with the Credit Card Company to maintain credit cards, resolve credit limit issues and ensure accurate card billing records as required.
- Maintains the Society’s corporate travel credit card records including liaising with the Society’s corporate travel agency, tracking and recording all travel billed to the Society’s corporate travel card and resolving outstanding billing issues as necessary.
- Provides support to the Director of Finance and reporting departments with respect to ensuring that the necessary professional services contract files, vendor of record files and other procurement documentation is maintained in accordance with Society procedures.
- Maintains the Society’s insurance records including all documentation with respect to policies, policy wording, invoices, documentation to/from the insurer regarding potential or actual civil suits and maintains the Society’s civil suits log as directed by the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Assists as required, the Director and departmental staff in the researching, formatting, and/or compiling reports, and in statistical data collection and administrative control procedures.
- Utilizes voice mail, e-mail and other communication tools to assist in departmental and interdepartmental communications in a timely and efficient manner.
- Circulates information and documentation internally and externally; inputs, formats and revises documents; posts seminar/meeting notices of general interest.
- Prepares draft and final correspondence signature ensuring that Society’s standards are followed with respect to format, procedural accuracy and ensures that all correspondence is checked for typographical errors, completeness and content.
- Reviews incoming internal and external correspondence, identifies items for follow-up, and maintains tracking systems as appropriate to ensure that the Director is apprised of items requiring attention.
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings and schedule business appointments as determined by the Director. When required, provides support to the Executive Office by answering the Executive Office’s telephones and responding accordingly.
- Supports projects under the direction of the Director of Finance & Administration.
- Attend meetings, take minutes and prepare background information or research.
- Attends and prepares minutes of Finance and Human Resources Committee of the Board meetings; maintains Committee lists and ensures that reports and minutes of Committee meeting are provided to the Executive Office for Board meetings.
- May provide accounting and/or other support to the Finance and Accounts, Property and Facilities, and/or Information and Technology departments as directed by the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Community College diploma or equivalent training courses in secretarial and accounting skills.
- 3 to 5 years of secretarial experience at an executive secretary level with demonstrated abilities and knowledge in office and accounting procedures.
- Ability to type at 60 w.p.m, take minutes, working knowledge of and hands-on experience with word processing software including Microsoft Office.
- Superior capability with Excel spreadsheet software.
- Sound organizational skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to be flexible.
- Knowledge of office procedures and ability to establish and maintain tracking and control processes utilizing appropriate software programs.
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English and French are required.
Position available: ASAP
We offer a salary range of $47,462 - $ 58,207 commensurate with skills and experience, including a comprehensive benefits package (pension plan and health & insurance benefits) and generous leave provisions (such as 4 weeks of vacation after 1 year of service). Our modern workplace has excellent physical amenities including a fully equipped gym, free parking and a cafeteria
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply online on our website at www.casott.on.ca, by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, October 20, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interests in the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa, however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
CASO is committed to a candidate selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. In order to ensure candidates are assessed in a fair and equitable manner, accommodations will be provided to prospective employees in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live in and serve. The Society encourages applications from all qualified individuals.