Behavioural Support Transition Personal Support Worker - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
Behavioural Support Transition PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
5 Full Time Permanent Positions
Behavioural Support Transition Resource Team
Serving hospitals and assisted living sites within geographical boundaries of the Toronto Central LHIN
The Behavioural Support Transition Resource Team serves hospital and community settings within the Toronto Central LHIN and plays a key role in the early identification, assessment and stabilization of patients with cognitive and/or responsive behaviours who are Alternative Level of Care (ALC) or have a potential to become ALC. The Personal Support Worker will work with a Case Manager to assist in the successful transition of patients from hospital to assisted living sites designated for ALC patients within the TC LHIN. The Personal Support Worker will also implement and evaluate behaviour strategies post-transition to ensure that they are tailored to the new living environment.
Note: Staff may be required to work in a person’s own home and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. Frequent travel will be required using own vehicle or TTC.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in Human Services (i.e. Personal Support Worker Certificate, Registered Practical Nurse Certificate);
- A minimum of 2 years experience with vulnerable, older adults and seniors with serious mental illness, cognitive and addiction challenges who exhibit responsive behaviours;
- Knowledge of GPA, P.I.E.C.E.S., U-First, Montessori Methods or willingness to receive such training;
- Sound understanding or and commitment to the principles of the Behavioural Supports Services;
- Knowledge and proven experience working with clients in a PSR (Psychosocial Rehabilitation) approach;
- Ability to organize and work with individuals and groups in the areas of assessment, problem solving and crisis management;
- Ability to interact with clients, family and caregivers, other health care professionals in a positive and supportive manner;
- Physically able to perform demanding body mechanics (i.e. lifting, transferring, etc.)
- First Aid and CPR certification;
- Good oral and written skills; excellent computer skills; ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with minimal supervision with proven reliability and trustworthiness;
- Valid drivers’ license and access to own vehicle is required; must meet the requirements of LOFT Community Services – Personal Vehicle Usage Policy.
TO APPLY: Send your Resume and Cover letter to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: August 23, 2019
PLEASE INCLUDE “BSTR PSW” IN THE SUBJECT BAR OF ANY EMAILS.