Behaviour Consultant - Canopy Support Services
Who We Are:
At Canopy Support Services, we empower individuals to overcome barriers and live their best lives. Within a welcoming, safe, accessible environment, those with intellectual and developmental disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) have access to individualized supports, resources, and specialized clinical services.
Taking an individualized approach, we recognize that everyone’s abilities and circumstances are unique, and that they require different supports or solutions to achieve their best quality of life. Our skilled staff work together as a team. Through creativity, strong communication, and collaboration, they empower and inspire confidence in those we serve. We are a capacity building organization. Through planning, evidence-based approaches and proactive measures, we form a stable foundation in the lives of those we support. With knowledge and expertise, we play a part in strengthening our community and its people.
Our primary service area extends across five regions – Northumberland, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Durham, and Haliburton – and is expanding virtually and physically to reach new areas. With a growing team of over 80 dedicated staff, we work with individuals of all ages to support them in different stages of their lives.
At Canopy Support Services, people are listened to, supported, and empowered. We find individualized solutions that build on strengths, and are inspired by best practice and rooted in community. Together, we build capacity, forming a stable foundation in the lives of those we support.
What We Can Offer You:
- Being a part of an engaged and caring work place
- Contributing to our Strategic Directions and FOCUS Accreditation standards
- Strong work/life balance with a work week of 35 hours with emphasis on working some evenings
- Ability to work virtually during COVID, pension and benefits package
- An agency culture founded on our core values of Caring Community, Safety, Transparency, Accountability, Continuous Learning and Collaboration
What We Will Ask of You: As a key member of our Behaviour Consultation team, our Behaviour Consultant plays an important role. On most days you’ll be providing evidence-based behavioural services to empower individuals, caregivers, and partner agencies within the Peterborough, Haliburton, Kawartha Pine Ridge and Northumberland area. You’ll be regularly designing and monitoring your implemented behaviour intervention plans to ensure desired treatment outcomes are achieved from the individual’s goals. The Behaviour Consultant collaborates with the Clinical Supervisors and Program Manager to ensure that best practices are followed and quality service is delivered while enhancing the overall quality of life and independence for individual’s accessing services.
- Provide advanced behavioural services and training using Applied Behaviour Analysis within a biopsychosocial framework to individual’s and families
- Develop training programs for service users, mediators, and group teaching as required
- Provide preventative behaviour intervention strategies and recommendations to service users and mediators to reduce or eliminate potential escalated behaviours
- Communicate agency purpose, behaviour consultation service programming to stakeholders as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology or Behavioural Science or equivalent
- Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA)/Board Certified Assistant Behaviour Analyst (BCaBA) qualifications or ability to obtain BCBA/BCaBA qualifications is an asset
- 5+ years’ experience in caseload management or short-term consultation experience
- Demonstrated experience of using best practice in supporting service users
- Developmental Services experience is considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail, well organized with an excellent ability to prioritize, multi-task and take initiative
- Ability to schedule work hours outside of regular agency hours of 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday is preferred
- Ability to maintain positive and professional relationships with parents and other stakeholders
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Computer proficiency and excellent communication skills
- Compassionate and responsible supporter of people, their families, and community partners
- Commitment to maximize resources and improve people’s quality of life
- A valid driver’s license and insurance, access to a reliable vehicle and ability to drive in various weather conditions
We look forward to having a person who shares our passion and commitment to developmental services join us!
How You Can Join Our Team:
If you’re interested in working with us to better your community, then please click Apply now to complete your application!
We will review applications as they are received until we find our successful candidate. We thank you for your interest and those selected to participate in the selection process will be contacted. Accommodation in accordance with applicable legislation will be provided for all employment related activities, Canopy Support Services is an equal opportunity employer!