Associate Non-Profit Management Consultant - Laridae
Do you believe that non-profit organizations are essential to the health of our communities? Do you have skills and knowledge that you know will help non-profits thrive? Are you hoping to learn and add to your professional experience? If so, this opportunity may be for you!
We are seeking someone with strong skills in writing, communications, research and analysis, and project management to join our expanding team of dedicated consulting professionals. The Associate Consultant will work with our team to identify potential projects and prepare proposals, act as the project manager for multiple client projects, coordinate project activities, and draft reports and plans.
Our mission is to solve the non-profit sector's toughest challenges; help leaders implement change that lasts; and support organizational resiliency and sustainability so our clients can soar. Laridae aims to deliver value, establish trust and inspire positive change, helping to build strong non-profit organizations that deliver important human services and strengthen communities.
Since 2012, Laridae has grown into a leading management consulting firm. We work exclusively with non-profits, largely in the social service and community-based health sectors. Our work has taken us across the province and country. We have developed a unique understanding of smaller cities and rural communities. Our team has worked with over 200 organizations on strategy, governance, brand language, change management, communications, and training.
The Laridae team brings a wealth of management expertise to mission-driven organizations. Our customized and collaborative approach produces results, because we craft strategies that resonate with leaders—strategies that inspire action, responsibility, and commitment. We are small but growing, and we are in need of an Associate Consultant so we can serve our clients even better.
As a team, we are committed to lifelong learning, confronting our own biases and privilege, and continually working towards building a more equitable society. Furthermore, it’s important that the work that we do creates a positive social and environmental impact, and that we actively influence positive shifts in anti-racism, anti-oppression, Indigenous cultural safety, and LGBTQ+ and gender equality. To that end, we have made a public commitment on anti-racism and we have become a certified B-Corp.
Laridae became a Certified B Corporation in 2018. B Corporations use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. Laridae was certified by the non-profit B Lab as meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’ve evaluated how our practices impact our employees, our community, the environment, and our clients.
To get an overview of our strategic focus for the coming years, you can read about our direction and commitments here.
Are You Our Ideal Candidate?
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are always on the lookout for the next project, a new opportunity, or a chance to solve a problem. You are passionate about making a difference for non-profit organizations. You work independently, meet deadlines, and juggle projects and tasks with ease. You are a strong writer. You don’t mind some travel across Ontario – though this has been largely suspended at the moment due to COVID-19. You are comfortable with tight deadlines. You are organized, self-motivated, eager to learn, and have the ability to complete assignments on time and independently. Working with a dynamic, engaged, and evolving team of management consultants appeals to you.
Overview of the Position
Proposal Writing and Business Development
- Participate in business development, primarily through the writing of proposals.
- Research Requests for Proposals (RFPs) on a regular basis to identify potential projects / meaningful work.
- Coordinate and participate in proposal strategy meetings and collaborate with the team to identify proposal requirements, outlines, and next steps.
- Draft the initial proposal by assembling information including project goals/objectives, executive summaries, outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, and staffing.
- Support interviews for projects when invited by potential clients.
- Occasionally support Laridae marketing efforts (social media, newsletter, etc.), training services, and The Pier (community of practice) in conjunction with the Laridae team.
Project Management and Support
- Support a wide variety of client-facing, project-related consulting work.
- Apply consulting, communications and marketing, and project management skills to support client-facing projects, including project management tasks, writing and editing. Support or participate in planning events, meetings, or client facilitations.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for clients, ensuring Laridae provides an excellent client experience.
- Apply principles and practices of sound communications and writing.
- Apply high level of competency with Microsoft Office.
- Work independently, as well as in a client or team environment, and handle multiple priorities under deadline pressures.
- Offer support to other team members.
- Build ongoing, long-term positive relationships with clients.
- Ensure the contract and scope of work are followed for all clients.
- Proactively look for ways to improve Laridae’s processes and practices.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and assist other members whenever possible and as required.
- Provide administrative support for client-facing projects, such as scheduling meetings and logistics.
- Prepare correspondence, materials, and agendas as required.
- Submit invoices for payment and keep track of project expenses.
- Circulate and track ongoing quality surveys for completed client work.
- Maintain and update contact lists and databases.
- Conduct web-based research, literature reviews, and phone/virtual interviews as required.
- Perform data entry using spreadsheets, charts, and internal project management software.
Education & Qualifications
- Degree/diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or an equivalent amount of lived experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, anti-black racism, and/or anti-oppression frameworks, policy, and approaches, supported by lived experience and/or education and training
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a related field.
- Experience and demonstrated interest in the non-profit sector, such as work experience in the sector, or volunteer non-profit board experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced project management skills, including coordinating all logistics for projects, training and/or events.
- Strong decision-making skills, ability to take initiative, problem solve and plan within job scope.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and oral, such as demonstrated exemplary business writing, editing, and copyediting skills.
- Ability to organize material, rapidly assimilate information, and collaborate with various team members throughout the writing processes.
- Ability to perform tasks under the direction of a variety of team members.
- Experience handling sensitive/confidential information and matters in a trusted and responsible manner.
- Ability to prioritize work in a busy setting, set objectives, manage time, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply policies/procedures and make decisions with general directions and guidelines.
- Experience with documentation and reporting, including statistics.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate experience with Mailchimp and social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), as well as project management or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
More About the Job and Working at Laridae
At Laridae, we provide a different type of work environment. We hold ourselves and each other accountable to living our values in our work, our team, and our communities. Team takes shape in many ways at Laridae. While we each have our own focus and service team, we are collaborative and are building the company together. We are committed to personal and professional growth through self-reflection and courageous discussion. We know that change is inevitable. We look to evolve our work, our model, and our approaches to better serve our clients, practice what we learn, and make sure Laridae continues to be a great place to be.
Our team primarily works remotely, however, appreciates working from the office for the collaborative feeling. We each work hard and with independence. We value work-life balance and understand that life requires flexibility. We support alternative work arrangements that allow employees to meet both their work and personal obligations, while ensuring that our business objectives are always met. For example, we have recently completed a 4-day work week trial and are in the process of adopting it permanently. To learn more, please read about it here.
The annual salary for this position is $49,000. Laridae offers periodic profit-sharing, has an unlimited vacation policy, and has extended health benefits. The work at Laridae allows for working remotely, regardless of COVID-19, however, the successful individual must have the ability to be at the office in Peterborough regularly and to travel to clients across Ontario, so long as government guidelines deem it safe to do so. Laridae utilizes a ‘bring your own device’ (cell phone and laptop) program, with monthly stipends provided.
Laridae is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply
In preparing your application, please review our website carefully. Consider watching the following video to learn more about what it is like to work at Laridae: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-rHdo3iRuM.
Please apply on our website by Friday, February 26th, 2021 by 5pm: https://laridaemc.com/about-laridae/join-us/full-time-associate-consultant/.
Laridae practices employment equity and is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.