Assistant, Survey Administration - Imagine Canada
Imagine Canada is a national, bilingual charity that works with and on behalf of Canada's charities, nonprofits, and social entrepreneurs to create an operating environment in which social good can thrive. We believe in a stronger Canada where charities work together, alongside business and government, to build vibrant communities.
Imagine Canada’s Research team conducts high-quality primary and secondary research on issues of importance to Canada’s nonprofit and charitable sector. Our main interest is in helping nonprofits and charities understand the environment in which they operate and use that information to make wise decisions. Our work assists organizations working with children and youth, seniors, newcomers, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal peoples and those working to protect the environment, prevent crime and improve public health and safety.
Primary tasks and responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, Research & Evaluation, the Assistant, Survey Administration will:
- Using defined lists of organizations, identify the individuals best suited to be point of contact for each and determine their contact information,
- Based on lists of known individuals, identify their associations with nonprofit and charitable organizations and validate them as points of contact for the organization, and
- Validate existing contact information to ensure it is current.
Key qualifications and competencies
- Post-secondary degree --completed or in progress-- in the physical or behavioural sciences with demonstrated strong academic performance.
- High level of attention to detail and personal organization.
- Familiarity with business productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Office) and common internet applications, particularly search and social media.
- Experience in a nonprofit setting, paid or volunteer, would be an asset.
- Reading knowledge of French will be considered a significant asset.
- Understanding of research methods, sampling theory, and basic statistics are beneficial, but not essential
What We Offer
- Be part of a growing national organization in a collegial environment with a smart group of dedicated staff and volunteers.
- Opportunity to engage with a variety of thought leaders from charities and nonprofits across the country collectively working toward common goals.
- Opportunity to learn leading practices and emerging trends in the charitable sector.
- Leadership is forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, and supportive operating in an environment of integrity and collective commitment to achieving long-term goals.
Imagine Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in Canadian communities. We are committed to fostering a culture that exemplifies our employee values:
- Collaborative: We believe different perspectives create great things.
- Integrity: We are principled professionals who embrace trust and honesty.
- Levity: We take our work seriously and fuel it with moments of joy and good humour.
- Creativity: We create using our resourcefulness, ingenuity, and imagination.
- Candour: We communicate with a truthful and sincere frankness.
- Remarkable: We produce quality work that turns heads.
Terms & Conditions
- Terms of Employment: Full-time (35 hrs/wk) temporary (16 weeks) beginning as early as Monday, May 10th, 2021
- Location: Anywhere in Canada. A stable internet connection is required; Imagine Canada’s workforce is distributed by default, though we currently maintain physical workspace in Toronto and Montreal.
- Annual Salary Range: $21.00 per hour
- Deadline for Applications: Midnight on Friday, May 7th, 2021
- Supervision: Daily training and supervision by the Director, Research & Evaluation.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and brief cover letter describing how your skills and interests align to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line, “Assistant, Survey Administration”. No phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada, as a national organization representing a diverse sector, has embarked on an anti-racism organizational change process and is committed to diversifying its team. We particularly encourage applications from Black people, Indigenous people, and people of colour, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2+ community and those with varied areas of expertise and lived experiences. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position will be funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program and young people aged 15 to 30 at the start of the employment term are invited to apply.