Assistant, Congress & Meetings – TEMP 16 months CONTRACT (NFP, international, health) / / Adjoint(e), Congrès et réunions - World Federation of Hemophilia / Fédération mondiale
** Mastery of English (excellent oral and written communication) - essential to daily WFH international work
** ENTRY ASAP (latest APR 2021) **
The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to save an improve lives for people with hemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 147 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to improve and sustain care and "Treatment for All" around the world.
Type of position:
TEMPORARY – 16 months; full-time
Montreal Head office (downtown)/ Covid-19 home-based currently
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (latest APR 2021)
MAIN DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Provide entry-level assistance to the Director and various C&M Managers in the everyday organizational tasks of the department’s virtual events and future in-person activities in the area of Registration, Housing, Exhibition, Scientific Program;
- Assist in all aspects of the planning and logistics of the WFH 2022 World Congress;
- Ensure constant and quality administrative support to the C&M department
- Maintain and update the database for all WFH events in “Aventri”;
- Assist with the reconciliation of all registration fees (wire transfers, credit card payments) that are received for WFH events;
- Post pandemic WFH travel restrictions, organize travel plans for event speakers, WFH Board and committees members, Congress Travel Grants recipients, other, as instructed;
- Produce, distribute, follow-up on all Congress invoices if applicable;
- Coordinate translation services for event-related documents;
- Formulate and follow-up with all requests for Letters of Invitation that are received;
- Interface, collaborate with Communication & Marketing department and IT sector in particular to ensure continuous updates to and from C&M;
- Function as department database resource person;
- Compose letters in English and Spanish, WFH principal languages of international communication, as instructed;
- Produce the minutes for department meetings.
Carry out any other task relevant to the position as required by the Director, C&M.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS –
- CEGEP or college diploma
- Min. 1-2 years in event organization
- Superior knowledge & experience using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with ‘Aventri’ or any Virtual Event platform - an asset; willingness to learn new tools
- Excellent office administration and work management skills: details-oriented, organized, able to prioritize, multi-task & work on several projects simultaneously in fast-paced environment; thorough in execution, efficient & effective under stress
- Creative and resourceful, with ability to take initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills; positive, energetic profile
- Able to work well autonomously, as well as collaborate with others in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written); professional, service orientation in email correspondence, on phone; sensitive to cross-cultural issues
- Mastery of English (excellent oral and written communication) - essential to daily WFH international work; working knowledge of Spanish and French; fluency in other international language/s – asset
- Legally entitled to live & work in Montréal and Canada; availability and willingness to undertake occasional international travel (biennial congress – post pandemic restrictions)
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
Please send IMMEDIATELY, an ENGLISH resume & cover letter to:
Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie / The World Federation of Hemophilia - http://www.wfh.org
Montréal, Québec H3G 1T7 Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.