ASD Autism Support Worker - NABORS -Neighbours Allied for Better Opportunities in Residential Support
NABORS is an organization of people who want the world to be a place where all people, including people with disabilities, can live in inclusive community. We are dedicated to supporting people with physical and developmental disabilities to have rich and full lives in community and have control over their lives.
NABORS is a community of people living with a disability in Toronto and our circles of support. Our circles of support are made up of our friends and families who freely give their time to assist us to make informed decisions, act on choices, manage our paid supports and feel safe. Members are supported to live in the homes of our choice and be fully included in the community.
NABORS is seeking a Part Time Support Worker who will assist a supported member in thriving in her home and remaining connected to her community during the pandemic.
The Support Worker provides support by:
- Supporting member in creating activities and socially distanced activities
- through direction of the support circle, assisting member in maintaining their own goals and home
- plan for opportunities to pursue their areas of interest and goals.
- Assisting in relationship building by the development of and support to natural relationships within the member’s family, friends, and community
- while not a requirement, an understanding of a halal diet is helpful
The hiring is conditional upon clearing a Vulnerable Sector Police check.