App Developer - Type Diabeat-it
- Developing and modifying source code for software applications.
- Developing software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Creating and implementing the source code of new applications.
- Testing source code and debugging code.
- Evaluating existing applications and performing updates and modifications.
- Developing technical handbooks to represent the design and code of new applications.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Good work ethic, flexible, enthusiastic, professional and team-oriented
- Experience in application and software development.
- Knowledge of software design and programming principles
Type Diabeat It is a Canadian non-profit organization that is focused on educating and supporting Canadians and Belizeans living with Diabetes. We share a two-part mission that envisions the improvement of the diabetic reality in both Canada and Belize. Our role is to ensure Black Canadians and minority groups are not only given access but also equipped with adequate resources to better manage and prevent diabetes. Our aim is to be a catalyst for change as we seek to alleviate the disparity that minority groups experience when living with a chronic disease.
We are also committed to bridging the gap in service and funding for Belizeans affected with diabetes. Diabetes is ranked as one of the top three causes of death in Belize and is also among one of the leading causes of death around the world. Along with that research has shown that blacks, Hispanics, and other minority groups are predisposed to this deadly and ruthless disease. Diabetes is a lifestyle disease and must be combated with lifestyle changes. This is why as Type Diabeat It, we hope that we can effectively combat Diabetes through awareness, education, and preventative measures. We are focused on the continuation and expansion of current programs as well as advancing the diagnostic and treatment phases of diabetes, ultimately working towards the creation of the first Diabetic Medical and Research Center in Belize.