Annual Giving Officer - David Suzuki Foundation
Join the country’s most trusted environmental organization and become a force for good!
About the David Suzuki Foundation
Always grounded in sound evidence, the David Suzuki Foundation empowers people to take action in their communities on the environmental challenges we collectively face. Through evidence-based research, policy analysis, education and citizen empowerment, we conserve and protect the natural environment to create a sustainable Canada.
Our mission is to protect nature’s diversity and the well-being of all life, now and for the future. Our vision is that we all act every day on the understanding that we are One with Nature. #OneNature
You can learn more about us at www.davidsuzuki.org
The David Suzuki Foundation hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equality and diversity within its community and to a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We especially welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with different abilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Position Title: Annual Giving Officer
Terms: Permanent, full-time (34 hours/ 4-day week)
Location: Could be based out of any of our three offices across Canada (Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto), with remote work during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Reporting to: Associate Director, Community Giving, Development Team
Salary: $50,000-$60,000, based on experience
- Are you a talented annual giving officer who loves recruiting and retaining donors for the good of climate and communities to tackle the environmental issues of our times?
- Are you passionate about communicating effectively across different channels to engage, inspire and motivate audiences and communities to take action?
- Do you want to work with a team of exceptionally talented and bright people to make a real difference in the world?
About the role:
In this role you are responsible for recruiting and retaining donors, with a particular focus on offline channels (mail, phone, face-to-face). You play an integral role in the success of the David Suzuki Foundation’s fundraising and donor stewardship!
You are a talented annual giving officer and love recruiting and retaining donors. You are self-directed, knowledgeable and motivated to work for the good of climate and communities.
You are skilled and passionate about communicating effectively on all channels. You are an expert in engaging, inspiring and motivating our audiences and communities to take action, today and every day. You enjoy collaboration and work easily with a team of talented and bright people to make a real difference for our planet.
Direct response fundraising
- Expert at implementing fundraising and stewardship campaigns including planning, project management, overseeing creative and copy development, segmenting data and evaluation.
- Responsible for generating income through key projects and channels including direct mail, donor calling, newsletter and social media lead generation.
- Contribute to development of targets for revenue, donors, retention and reactivation.
- Expert at analyzing and evaluating campaigns, making strategic recommendations for future strategy and budget investment.
- Work closely with the Associate Director and Digital Fundraising Specialist to coordinate campaign timing and execution across channels.
- Liaise with colleagues in Communications, Public Engagement and program teams to ensure accurate and consistent messaging and copy.
- Brief and provide feedback to graphic designers to develop and produce creative.
- Design, execute and analyze tests on campaigns to continually improve results.
- Develop and implement effective and superior strategies to renew and increase donor giving levels and commitments.
- Stay up-to-date with industry and marketing trends and developments to champion innovation across the team.
- Identify and act on new opportunities for donor acquisition and revenue generation.
- Manage all aspects of consultant and supplier relationships. Always ensure a high standard of service from our vendors. Manage invoices and expenses
- Other donor portfolio related duties as required
Skills, Experience and Knowledge Required
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience managing and producing direct response fundraising appeals including direct mail donor calling.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising direct marketing best practices across offline and online channels
- Demonstrated experience leading complex projects with multiple stakeholders and delivering campaigns on time
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with vendors (e.g. mailing houses, call centers) including identifying and resolving issues
- Effective communication style. Ability to quickly write clear and engaging messaging that resonates with intended audience
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Office 365/SharePoint an asset
- Desirable: Basic experience with Photoshop and Illustrator (resizing images, text-overlay and optimization for print)
What you bring to the role:
- Extreme passion for donor-centric fundraising.
- Exceptional attention to detail. You are highly organized.
- Team player. You thrive in a busy and information-rich workplace managing to strict deadlines.
- Expert at your own quality control checks and hold yourself to high standards of excellence.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Curious and caring. Life-long learner, open to feedback and a team coaching culture.
- Proven ability to communicate the values and programs of DSF in a way that inspires donors to give. Your values are aligned with our mission.
- Superb written and spoken English language skills. French language skills is an asset.
What You Get:
- Being a part of a team of superstars.
- Generous benefits package.
- 4-day work week.
- Amazing work culture with smart colleagues that really care.
- An experience working in an organization with a focus on technology.
Please submit your cover letter and your resume online and submit your application by going to https://davidsuzuki.org/careers/
The position will stay open until it is filled. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
We recognize the importance of a diversified workforce, and we encourage women, Indigenous People(s), First Nations, Inuk/ Inuit and Métis candidates, members of visible minorities and persons with different abilities to apply.