Animal Shelter Manager - Alliston & District Humane Society
Alliston & District Humane Society is a volunteer run, no kill organization that operates an animal shelter and animal community services in the township of Adjala-Tosorontio, just outside Alliston, Ontario and serves a large geographical area including four rural townships and the towns of New Tecumseth, Rosemont, Cookstown and Schomberg. ADHS has experienced phenomenal growth in the last 5 years and is looking for an experienced shelter manager to provide leadership, direction and supervision of our shelter.
The shelter manager will be responsible for running the day-to-day operations of the animal shelter and managing the organization’s human resources. This position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Working with the volunteer teams , the manager will also ensure the safe and humane treatment of all shelter animals while upholding the highest standard of medical care. The manager will be expected to maintain and update operational policy and procedures and improve our animal care protocols to the standards demanded by the newly launched certification program by Humane Canada. https://humanecanada.ca/accreditation/accreditation-requirements/
Required Skills and Education
- Formal education in animal health, shelter management and/or business management
- Prior shelter experience with a focus on volunteer management and animal care
- Excellent people, communications, public relations, supervisory and oral and written skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite as well as a willingness to learn the PetPoint management system
- Experience working with community groups, volunteers, rescues and other animal welfare organizations.
- The ability to solve problems using maturity and good judgement in a professional manner.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively on projects with volunteers and the board of directors
Salary will be commensurate with skills, and experience.
Interested candidates are asked to send their confidential resume and cover letter to email@example.com.