Alumni Relations Officer (Full-Time) - Tyndale University
Tyndale is a Christian university that prepares leaders for work in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, ministry and the global mission of the church. Tyndale offers fully accredited programs in a wide range of disciplines at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Currently, there are over 1,600 students representing over 40 denominations and 60 ethnic backgrounds and over 13,000 alumni. Founded in 1894, Tyndale is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Alumni Relations Officer cultivates and enhances relationships with Tyndale Alumni. Their overall commitment is to build and deepen relationships on behalf of Tyndale through individual communications, meetings, and events. The Alumni Relations Officer will meet mutually agreed upon fundraising goals towards the institution’s annual fundraising targets.
- Execute and manage a plan to engage, cultivate and steward Tyndale’s alumni.
- Create and sustain an environment of excellence and professionalism in customer service and teamwork.
- Liaise with alumni to fulfill customer service needs both on and off campus (i.e.networking, contact information updates, alumni cards etc.).
- Manage, engage, cultivate and steward a portfolio of new and existing alumni donors and gift prospects.
- Seek ways to enhance communication and engagement with alumni including the use of newsletters, events, surveys, etc.
- Coordinate and liaise with Tyndale faculty and other departments to cultivate opportunities for alumni engagement.
- Build, lead and facilitate effective Alumni Chapters.
- Ensure alumni information/activity is maintained in the External Relations database.
- Provide regular reports to the Director, External Relations.
- With the assistance of the Event Coordinator, develop meaningful events that engage alumni and other constituents such as concerts, reunions, Homecoming, awards etc.
- Motivate, lead, and mentor student direct reports.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of events, including oversight of event critical paths, catering, RSVP systems, seating charts, entertainment booking, event execution, etc.
External Relations Team Participation
- Serve as a contributing member of the External Relations team.
- Become familiar with Tyndale and the products offered.
- Be well-versed in department goals.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of related experience in public relations, fundraising, communications or sales.
- Experience with events management, sales, relationship building, and public relations
Skills and Abilities
- Strong inter-personal and customer service skills with ability to professionally advocate for the organization
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with attention to detail, accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of customer relationship management systems (e.g. Raisers Edge, Salesforce)
- Computer skills, ability to effectively use search engines, computer programs & applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- An entrepreneurial spirit and positive attitude, with respect for confidentiality
- Demonstrated professionalism and tact, with the ability to interact with alumni and colleagues
- Responsive to alumni needs
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
- A keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Standard office work environment
- Moderate – high level of stress. May result from multiple project targets and deadlines; demands of senior management
- Light physical demands including travel by car to alumni appointments and events
- Travel required on a regular basis
- Work outside normal business hours required to meet the needs of alumni
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
$42,000 to $50,000
How to Apply
External candidates can apply for the position at the External Career Center. While we thank all those interested, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates can apply on ADP Workforce Now through the Career Centre. The Career Center can be accessed through the path Myself > Talent > Career Center.