Alumni Relations Manager - Crescent School
Founded in 1913, Crescent is an independent school for boys from grades 3 - 12, located on a park-like 30 acre campus in midtown Toronto. Our students are encouraged to strive for excellence, and to develop their talents in the areas of academics, arts and athletics. Faculty and staff alike model Crescent’s core values of respect, responsibility, compassion and honesty as we foster the development of our graduates to men of character from boys of promise.
Crescent School invites applications for the following position:
Manager of Alumni Relations
maternity leave replacement beginning April, 2019
As a dynamic, engaging professional with exceptional relationship building and communication skills, you have a passion for constituent relations and working in education. Your commitment to your own professional growth is evident in the innovative practices you bring to work, and inspires the development and the growth of your colleagues. In a workplace that is challenging, diverse, warm and fulfilling, your contribution will be valued by the entire community.
As a member of the External Relations department, the Manager of Alumni Relations oversees the Coordinator of Alumni Relations, and is responsible for the strategic and tactical management of the alumni relations programs and alumni fundraising. This position will support the Alumni Executive Committee and key sub-committees to build and strengthen communications, programs and connections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds on the strengths of the existing alumni relations programs and builds connections with alumni through programs such as the Alumni Internship Program and the Alumni Recognition Program
- Works with the Alumni Executive Committee, sub-committees, and the Class Representatives to engage members in initiatives that strengthen Crescent Alumni Network
- Maximizes donation participation through the Alumni Giving Programs and oversees alumni events
- In collaboration with Marketing & Communications contributes to alumni community materials, including e-newsletters, Past & Present magazine, event invitations, website and social media updates
- Supervises the Coordinator of Alumni Relations
The successful candidate will have:
- Postsecondary education with at least 2 years of experience in a similar role – constituent relations, volunteer and program management and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated understanding of annual giving
- Strong communication, organizational, planning and execution skills
- Ability to build relationships with staff, students, alumni and the broader Crescent community
- Well developed leadership skills and adept at creating a positive environment
- Good problem-solving skills with a focus on creative resolution and continuous improvement, and the ability to manage issues in a calm and solutions-oriented manner
- Experience with databases such as Raiser’s Edge
- A high degree of confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- A growth mindset, curiosity and willingness to accept new perspectives
- Emotional Intelligence and a desire to cultivate courage and nurture connection
- A burning desire to become fully immersed in the School’s positive and progressive culture
Crescent School offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan for those who qualify. If you exude passion, creativity, commitment, courage and fun, you will make an impact here! Please apply online at crescent.simplication.com by creating a ‘Management’ account and uploading your letter of application and resume by Sunday, March 31st, 2019.
Accommodation for job applicants with disabilities is available upon request.
For further information about Crescent School and employment opportunities please visit our website at www.crescentschool.org . We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We thank all candidates in advance; only those being offered an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.