Agencies Coordinator - Greater Vancouver Food Bank
Agencies Coordinator – We are growing our team!
- Full-Time, Permanent
- 37.5 hours per week
- Competitive base salary of $51,000 annually
Who We AreThe GVFB provides assistance to approximately 16,000 people monthly across Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and the North Shore. We also provide food support to more than 130 community agencies such as housing agencies, women and children’s shelters, transition homes and after school programs, which in turn provide hot meals and snacks to thousands of people each week, including people who are unhoused.
Our mission is providing healthy food to those in need. Our vision is to create healthy communities through fair and effective food systems. Currently, the GVFB receives, purchases, and distributes 8 M lbs of food each year.
The GVFB is a proud winner of BC's Top Employers 2023!
The GVFB is a certified Living Wage Employer! This recognizes the GVFB’s commitment to paying fair wages, upholding good work standards for our employees, and contributing to poverty reduction and a higher standard of living in our community.
What We Offer
We believe in providing employees with flexibility and the resources & tools to excel in their role. Employees will work alongside people who are passionate about food insecurity and community. We provide an inclusive office environment with excellent Skytrain accessibility and free parking on-site.
This is a full-time permanent position, with the opportunity to learn and grow. The successful candidate can expect a competitive base salary of $51,000 annually, depending on experience.
Our competitive benefit plan includes extended healthcare and dental, and a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) where employees are matched up to 7% of their contributions. Employees also receive 3 weeks paid vacation annually, as well as two paid personal days, and a paid birthday day off.
Career and personal development are at the forefront of the culture here at the GVFB. After 6 months of employment, employees have access to $1,500 towards professional development, half of which can be utilized towards wellness initiatives!
Come and enjoy working in an inclusive, award-winning workplace!
The Agencies Coordinator oversees daily Agency Department coordination including leading Agency data collection, communicating with partners and stakeholders, and supporting the Agency Grant Program. The Agencies Coordinator also supports with administrative tasks including processing orders, overseeing system and document updates, creating monthly reports, and supporting a variety of projects and events.
- Coordinate Agency Department programs for over 139 Agency Partners, Provincial Agencies and Special Requests;
- Lead Agency data collection and reporting using surveys, emails and other platforms;
- Lead distribution of Agency In-Kind Receipts;
- Support Engagement Lead with Communications Department project and request, and Agency Events;
- Support execution of Bi-Annual Application process including evaluations and onboarding;
- Support Agency Grant Coordinator with Agency Grant Program execution;
- Assist with completing Annual Agency visits for our network across the Lower Mainland;
- Assist Operations Team with Agency pick-ups, restocking and volunteer support as needed;
- Assist Administrator with AMS activities including order processing and Agency information updates.
- Strong work ethic, able to exercise initiative and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”!
- Ability to work with a diverse community in a manner that meets the organizational values;
- Highly focused, detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Adept at time management and planning, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment;
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail (e.g. with database management);
- Deal constructively with challenges and consistently provide a solution-focused approach;
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- A quick learner – gain an understanding of Community Agencies and behind-the-scene processes efficiently and effectively;
- Friendly, supportive, authentic and collaborative team player that demonstrates a thoughtful and positive attitude.
- Post-secondary education in social work, humanities, community development, food systems/security or combination of relevant work experience;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations is ideal.
- Exposure to ambient temperatures and noisy conditions;
- The ability to walk and stand intermittently;
- Bending and lifting boxes up to 50 lbs. intermittently;
- Some local travel to visit community agency partners.
A criminal record check for working with vulnerable sectors is required upon hiring.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. The Greater Vancouver Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applications will be treated in strict confidence.
This job is from CharityVillage
Heads up! Employers know that top students and grads use TalentEgg. When you apply, don't forget to indicate that you found this job on TalentEgg.