This job is no longer available.
Advancement Officer - The York School
Job Title: Advancement Officer
Reports to: Associate Director of Advancement
Department: Admission & Advancement Department
The York School is a co-educational independent day school renowned for its challenging academic International Baccalaureate (IB) programme and commitment to experiential learning – extending all over Toronto, Canada and the world. Our highly trained faculty receive support and training to be leading professionals in their fields and in the IB Curriculum, using cutting-edge classroom technology.
What sets us apart from other schools is that our tradition is innovation. We welcome applicants who are like us – dynamic and innovative, collaborative, progressive and global-minded. The York School offers an inclusive culture and values creativity, individuality and new ideas.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Advancement, the Advancement Officer will support the fundraising and engagement goals of the Admission and Advancement Department of The York School.
The incumbent will work with current and past parents, alumni and friends to implement programmes and strategies to gain financial support and strengthen volunteer and constituent relations through ongoing and new initiatives, events and communication. The incumbent will also work closely with the Admission and Marketing/Communication Teams.
This is a great opportunity to join and support a growing team with a big impact on the school.
Revenue Generation & Relationship Building
- Responsible for the York Alumni Association (YAA), recruiting and engaging alumni and alumni volunteers and committees in the planning and promotion of alumni engagement opportunities including events, mentorship programs, networking services, correspondence, social media and other opportunities.
- Planning and implementation of programs, projects, and events that strategically engage alumni in strengthening programs and providing tangible benefits to York School alumni.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and publications.
- Develops strategies for new and innovative ways to engage current and prospective donors through the York Alumni Association.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects, correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Educate graduating students about the alumni association benefits and engage them in programs.
- Supports the Associate Director of Advancement in planning, advocating and execution of the annual campaign and associated stewardship programs aimed at gaining and maintaining the financial support of key constituencies, including strategy development to identify, solicit, upgrade and steward donors, establishing timelines and mediums for solicitations, tracking campaign progress, identifying volunteers and gift tracking.
- Strategically identifies prospective donors to move through Annual Giving pipeline to Leadership level.
- Deepen relationships with donors, parents, alumni, staff and faculty members, volunteers and community partners to advance the school's mission.
- Support the Director of Admission and Advancement and Associate Director of Advancement in planning and implementation of broad-based fundraising programs and events.
- Co-ordinate the Grad Gift programme aimed at securing financial support of graduating families (parents and students) and creating a foundation for lasting relationships with the school.
- Manages correspondence and inquiries from alumni and donors, ensuring timely and appropriate response.
- Works well with and develops relationships with key volunteers.
- Recruits and manages volunteers supporting advancement programs.
- Supports the database maintenance, monthly reporting and management relative to constituent coding (parents, alumni, volunteers, etc.) and data integrity.
- Works with the Communications and Marketing team to develop, distribute and maintain Advancement communication materials and provide content for the website, school community portal and directories as required.
- Builds up the York School rental program by identifying, facilitating and maintaining vendor relationships between facility renters and The York School; negotiating contracts, creating vendor standards, and finding the best available vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
This role requires a flexible schedule, which allows for occasional after-hours and before-hours events and meetings.
Qualifications and Attributes
- University degree in a related field
- 3+ years of fundraising experience or equivalent transferable experience in independent schools.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to efficiently organize and manage a diverse range of projects/events while meeting multiple deadlines, along with thorough attention to all details and consistent follow through.
- Ability to interact with all members of the school community cheerfully, enthusiastically, courteously, patiently and with discretion
- Strong relationship building skills to interact well with the school community and a proven ability to recruit, retain and motivate volunteers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Astute analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Familiarity with email marketing tools
- A proactive team player who is flexible and self-motivated
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge
- Proficiency in Google Applications considered an asset
- Previous Independent School experience considered an asset, but not required.
Join Our Community
Like our students, Teachers and Staff at The York School are inquiring, knowledgeable, caring and engaged citizens of the world. Leaders in their field, they are collaborative, open to change and committed to improving lives through education. We are committed to professional development, and provide a competitive compensation and benefits package to our employees.
Accessibility & Equal Opportunity at The York School
At The York School, our mission is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who are engaged citizens of the world. As such, we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Upon request, we will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within our recruitment process.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF document to the email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 19, 2019. Please make sure to quote the Job Title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job is from CharityVillage