Advancement (Donor) Services Clerk - BC Cancer Foundation
The BC Cancer Foundation is the fundraising partner of BC Cancer and the largest charitable funder for cancer research in B.C. Every dollar we raise stays right here at BC Cancer to advance research and enhance care for the people of B.C. With almost 80 employees working across five sites in B.C we are actively working with our 100,000 donors and communities to inspire investment in BC Cancer and our provincial teams of world-leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
We are a professional, passionate and positive team who believe that we can help make a difference in the lives of all British Columbians.
Reporting directly to the Advancement (Donor) Services Manager, this position is a combination of customer service – a frontline resource for donors of the Foundation and internal staff – and clerical duties.
Primary responsibilities of the Advancement Services Clerk include:
- Interacting directly with our donors, most commonly over the phone, to receive donations, verify donor information, and answer enquiries
- Providing coverage for the reception desk as required
- Sorting, triaging and opening incoming mail
- Preparing outgoing mail: folding, stuffing, sealing and stamping mail both manually and using a mail machine
- Filing documents and maintaining archives
- Keeping inventory and restocking stationery supplies
- Organizing and optimizing storage spaces
- Specific data entry, data cleanup and database maintenance assignments
The Person and Skills
The successful candidate will be positive, proactive, and embody a can-do attitude no matter what task is sent their way. Skills associated with this position include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative, when required
- Strong administrative skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer skills: demonstrated competence in computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or another customer relationship management system an asset
The ideal candidate will possess three years related experience in administration, preferably working within fundraising, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Please apply through our job site here.