Advancement Coordinator - Sinai Health Foundation
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health. Sinai Health is Canada’s leading integrated health system and comprises of Bridgepoint Active Healthcare; Circle of Care; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Mount Sinai Hospital. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from seamless care to scientific discovery.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles. We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
We do all that we can do…and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
Sinai Health Foundation’s Advancement team is looking for a solutions-oriented, self-motivated and proactive individual. Reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy, the Advancement Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the work of Sinai Health Foundation’s Advancement team.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Support the Advancement team in developing relationships based on trust, integrity and results with clinicians, researchers, donors and prospective donors, playing a support and at times lead role with all these stakeholders, advancing their relationships with the organization.
- Support the Advancement team in preparing for donor meetings, solicitations, and stewardship activities, including support for the development of written materials (proposals and stewardship reports) and presentations; scheduling hospital tours and multi-person meetings; filling out gift agreements and gift processing forms; and, as needed, drafting thank-you letters and emails, and sending out tax receipts and pledge reminders. Will also manage the calendars of specific Advancement team members.
- Assist the Advancement team in supporting volunteer canvassers for prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Participate in and support the management of volunteer committee activities, including scheduling meetings, disseminating minutes and agendas, taking minutes, and corresponding with participants in advance of and following meetings.
- Support the Advancement team in maintaining prospect and donor records in the institutional database (RE) to ensure that all prospect, proposal, action, biographical and relationship information is accurate and complete; Understanding and abiding by the business rules and data entry standards.
- Support the Advancement team in the retrieving of information on prospects and donors using the query functionality in RE as well as in house reporting tools (Qlik) to validate data and share results with Advancement team to assist them in prioritizing their work to meet fundraising objectives.
- Develop working knowledge of the following software platforms: Monday.com, Zoom, Webex and other online meeting platforms; Raiser’s Edge, Qlik, InDesign, Docusign – as well as learning new platforms as they come online.
- Successful completion of a college diploma or University Degree in a relevant field from an accredited educational institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience preferably within a large dynamic fundraising environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a tactful and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar database preferred; possess an advanced skill set in MS Office platforms, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Respectful and service oriented to donors, volunteers, and peer foundation and hospital staff.
- Demonstrated ability to attend to details; exceptional follow-through as demonstrated through effective project management experience.
- Works well in a diverse team environment with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of donor stewardship fundamentals preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent work performance and attendance history.
- A professional aligned with Sinai Health Foundation’s five values: collaboration, flexibility, fun, respect and trust.
Office Location: Currently, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, SHF staff are working remotely. Ultimately, when it is safe to do so, our goal is to work out of the SHF offices, located in downtown Toronto.