Administrator, Stewardship (Competition #216.19) - Women's College Hospital
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is seeking a dynamic, detail and results oriented Administrator, Stewardship (Competition #216.19) to join our high-performing Community Engagement & Marketing team. Working closely with the Senior Manager, Stewardship & Donor Engagement, this position is an integral role within a strong portfolio and would be ideal for a person that is familiar with the essentials of stewardship & donor relations and enjoys detail oriented work or a mature candidate with more administrative experience, looking for a change in sector.
ABOUT WOMEN’S COLLEGE HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
We are revolutionizing healthcare. Side by side with our donors, community members, staff and medical teams, Women’s College Hospital Foundation (WCHF) raises, manages and invests funds to support Women’s College Hospital in its mission to revolutionize healthcare to ensure a more equitable and sustainable system. WCHF donors contribute generously to help fund equipment, research, and innovative clinical programs that address the unique needs of women and their families while working to close critical health gaps within the system.
A values-driven organization, respect, caring, integrity and partnership are core to who we are and we believe that authenticity and accountability strengthens all that we do. Fueled by our Triple Aim of Philanthropy, Partnerships and People, our vision is to be the charity of choice for advancing health for women in Canada and health system solutions for all.
Learn more about WCHF, visit: www.wchf.ca / @wchf
ABOUT WOMEN’S COLLEGE HOSPITAL
For more than 100 years Women’s College Hospital (WCH) has been developing revolutionary advances in healthcare. Today, WCH is a world leader in the health of women and Canada’s leading, academic ambulatory hospital. A champion of equitable access, WCH advocates for the health of all women from diverse cultures and backgrounds and ensures their needs are reflected in the care they receive. It focuses on delivering innovative solutions that address Canada’s most pressing issues related to population health, patient experience and system costs. The WCH Institute for Health System Solutions and Virtual Care (WIHV) is developing new, scalable models of care that deliver improved outcomes for patients and sustainable solutions for the health system as a whole.
Women’s College Research Institute (WCRI) is tackling some of the greatest health challenges of our time. Its scientists are conducting global research that advances the health of women and improves healthcare options for all, and are then translating those discoveries to provide much-needed improvements in healthcare worldwide.
Learn more about WCH, visit: www.womenscollegehospital.ca / @WCHospital
Summary of Role
The Administrator, Stewardship works closely with the Senior Manager of Stewardship & Donor Engagement as well as in collaboration with teams across the organization to provide administrative support, to support donor relations, donor recognition and donor engagement programming.
His or her exceptional organization, writing, and database management skills are matched by an ability to communicate respectfully and professionally with team members, donors and volunteers in person, by phone or in writing.
- Ensure effective donor stewardship by preparing a range of thank you and acknowledgement letters, obtaining approval as required from the appropriate Manager, Director, Vice President or office of the President & CEO, prior to mailing; making thank you calls to donors; preparing donor welcome packages; drafts various mass donor correspondence and coordinates mailing of donor reports and newsletters.
- Ensure all donor stewardship activity is recorded in Raiser’s Edge and in network files within 24 hours of activity.
- Provide back up support ensuring thank you calls are dispersed among staff daily.
- Be a team player by embracing and consistently enacting organizational values of respect, caring, integrity and partnership, supported by being authentic and accountable to yourself and your team.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Assist with the day to day co-ordination and execution of stewardship activities in a high volume environment, including: custom thank you & acknowledgement letters; personal thank you calls; monthly donor welcome packages; various mass donor mailings; and monitor and deal with phone calls and email as required. Day to day volume will fluctuate depending on time of year.
- Assist as required with logistics or coordination of activities related to donor reports, donor recognition events, meetings or tours or other activity pertaining to the stewardship portfolio, attending events as required to assist with guest services, set-up, delivery & breakdown.
- Maintain stewardship records including: entering stewardship activities, call reports, scanned correspondence, up to date address and key contact information in Raiser’s Edge and network files.
- Work with internal and external suppliers and vendors; track and prepare invoices and expense reports and maintain related invoice files, as required.
- Respond to donor and volunteer requests. Answer phone inquiries and direct calls to appropriate individuals for follow-up, within appropriate time frames.
- Provide a high level of customer service to donors, volunteers, board members and the public.
- Assists with special projects as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- University or College Degree
- Preference for demonstrated experience in a fundraising or business environment
- Proficient keyboarding skills and a demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience working with Raiser’s Edge or other Fundraising database
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and maintain professionalism
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of personal initiative and ownership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills
- A solid understanding of philanthropy and experience with donors is preferred
- Shared passion and belief for the mission and work of WCH, eagerness to learn and evolve, as well as a sense of humour are other desirable and appreciated traits of potential team members
- Flexibility for some evening and weekend work as events and workload dictate
Posting Date: Thursday August 1, 2019
Please forward resumes via email to HR@wchospital.ca with your name and the competition number in the subject line. (Example: Jane Smith, 1.16)We thank you for your interest, however, only qualified applicants who are selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest, however, only qualified applicants who are selected to be interviewed will be contacted. Women’s College Hospital Foundation is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, members of racialized groups, women and any others who may contribute to the further diversification of our overall Hospital community. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under our Access for People with Disabilities policy. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance.